Ten

Song for the chapter:

Better off - Ariana Grande

Fuck it I love you - Lana del Rey

Poison - Brent Faiyaz

———————————————————————

Madison's POV

I got to my penthouse and threw myself on the couch to let out all that I had been holding in today.

I'm so stupid. I can't believe the one time I let my guard down for a man, is for him! Jason McCann.

Is there something wrong with me? How could I be so oblivious? How didn't I suspect anything?

He lied to me, he made a fool out of me. And I allowed myself to fall deeply in love with him. I let myself grow attached to him.

I just feel so lost, I don't know what to do.

Should I go to the police?

They've been trying for years to find who he is, no one has a clue of what he looks like. Covering for him it's wrong, he's a criminal.

But I can't... I can't do that to him. Besides everything, I care about him.

I love him. I just can't be with him, he's bad news.

Being with him would mean putting my life in danger, what if one day he gets tired of me and kills me? What if he does something to me?

I know what he said, but that does not necessarily make it true. He lied to me about who he was for months, how am I supposed to believe that it's safe for me to be around him?

Justin:
Hey baby
I just want you to know that I love you and that you are my everything. I know you want nothing to do with me right now, but I need you to believe me when I say that I would never ever hurt you. You're the only good thing that has ever happened to me and I would never do something to risk losing you. If you allow me, I want us to start over, no lies this time. Please, just let me talk to you, allow me to tell you everything myself.

I read his message and cried even harder, I can't. I just feel so overwhelmed while reading his text. I just think of everything he's done, all the lives he's put in danger over his stupid 'missions'.

Madison:
Leave me alone
I want nothing to do with you

Justin:
Madison, please
I am begging you
I cannot be without you

Madison:
If you don't stop texting me
I'm gonna go to the police
I'm not joking

Justin:
Go ahead, do it
I dare you

Madison:
I'm not playing games

Justin:
I'm not stopping
So do as you may

Madison:
Leave me alone Justin

Justin:
Fine, I'll give you you're time to process all this
But I'm not giving up on you
Goodnight