Thirty Four

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow." I pouted. Jason had some business trip to Italy, he was leaving just when I started to grow attached  to him again.

We had agreed on taking things slow, however, we've picked up the pace of our relationship. We went back to talking everyday, to casual outings, and tonight we are out on a dinner date. It felt nice to pick up the connection we once had. It felt like no time had passed between us.

"I'm sorry love, I'm going to be very busy these upcoming months, I'm telling you ahead." He said as he put his hand over mine. That made me frown more. He's going to be thousands of miles away from me, across the sea.

"For how long are you going to be gone?" I asked. "I honestly can't say. I'm meeting with a business partner and it all depends on him, and if I achieve to make this deal with him. It's really important." He said. "After that, I'm meeting with another supplier, here in California. So I'll be back, but I don't know if I'll have time to see you."

I gave him a soft smile and said "It's okay." Those words hurt me. I know he doesn't mean it in a hurtful way, he's just letting me know what he'll be doing in the next weeks. And I know he's honest with me, it's just triggering to hear that.

"You know that when I say that it's not some bullshit excuse, right? I'm actually working." He said, I nodded and smiled. "I know Jay." "You know my free time is completely dedicated to you." He said as he brought my hand to his lips. He kissed the back of it and said "This is just really important, if it weren't I wouldn't leave your side." "Jay, I know. I understand, you don't have to reassure me." I said.

We had already eaten, we were waiting for the waiter to bring us the check. Jason paid and we got in the car and headed home. He took me to my place and I turned to look at him before getting out of his car. He gave my lips a soft kiss and then stared at my eyes.

"Goodnight Jason." I said as I stared at his lips. I didn't want to get out of this car, I didn't want him to leave, but I know he has to.

I left a soft kiss on his cheek and finally got out of the car.

I walked into my building and got in the elevator, pressing my floor number.

Why does he have to go? Can't he send someone for him, to be there in his place? I frowned and walked into my home. I kicked off my heels and threw myself on the couch in a very dramatic way.

I stared at the ceiling and tried to convince myself that he'll be back before I know it.

"Mads?" I heard his voice call.

I widened my eyes and got up. Am I going mad? I didn't think he'd be back that fast.

He walked in with a soft cute smile on his face. "I decided that, since I'm going to be gone for a while, I should spent the time I have left here with you." He said as he got closer to me.