Seventy Four

Jason's POV

Jason's POV

I sat down on the floor, resting my back against the wall as I waited for time to pass.

I felt like I was going crazier by the minute. I can't stand not knowing anything about Madison.

She just fainted! Out of nowhere!

And they lock me up in a cell here by myself, with no way of knowing anything about her.

Supposedly, they're isolating me for safety reasons.

This is fucking torture!

I heard the door being unlocked and I quickly got up from the ground.

"I got good news." Lawrence said as he walked in. My ears perched up like a dog, in hopes that he would tell me something about Madison. "They're continuing your trial next week. We have an official date."

He noticed my disappointment and said "She's fine."

"Is she coming?"

"I don't know. That's all her father told me."

I nodded and sat down.

If she's really fine she'll come.

I sat down across from Lawrence and listened to him 'advise' me. He was mad about me ruining over to Mads, what did he expect?

"I know she's your wife, but what you did looked wrong. They can twist things and make it seem like you were trying to run away..."

I looked away and clenched my jaw. Fuck this shit.

It's a fucking shit show.

———————————-

I walked into the courtroom, with my hands cuffed behind my back, like the last time. I looked into the public and scanned the hundreds of faces for her.

My heart jumped when I finally saw her. I stopped and smiled at her, but the guard escorting me roughly pushed me towards my seat, ruining our moment.

I glared at him before taking my seat.

The judge came out and we did the same routine as last time. I'm tired of this shit. At this point I was just bored, fighting my urge to fall asleep.

"Your honor I'd like to call a witness." The fat white man said.

I mentally rolled my eyes and yawned.

"What the hell!" I heard Mads dad say. I looked at him before looking up at whoever walked in.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.