Fifty Eight

Songs for this chapter:

Almost is never enough - Ariana Grande

Let me - Zayn Malik

Jason's POV

I sat at the head of the table of the empty room where I had held so many meetings. I rested both my arms on top of the table as I stared off to the front. Today the table was empty. No meeting, no gang, no Zayn, and no Jason McCann left in me to keep up with this shit.

I'm done with this life, I've been done with it for a while now, all the time I've been gone I had Jack in charge. He would call me every now and then to catch me up on everything, but they had been staying low for the most part. It was risky for them as well.

"Hey man." Jack excitedly said as he walked in. I got up and gave him a bro hug. "Long time no see boss." He said. "How's everything going?" I asked. "Good. Are you back? Like, actually back now?" He asked. I shook my head as I pursed my lips.

"McCann... we need you man. You can't stay in the shadows the rest of your life. Now it's your time!" He said.

"This is all yours now Gilinsky." I said as I looked around. There's nothing left for me in this world. I no longer feel the satisfaction this lifestyle once gave me. As lame as it sounds, the only thing I wanted now was her. She's my priority, and getting her back is my focus right now.

"You're fucking with me man. You are Jason McCann." "Did you suddenly forget that?"

It didn't feel like that anymore. I lost my best friend, my ability to walk around freely without being scared of getting recognized, and my girl turned away from me.

I am defeated.

"You've done a great job over the last two years. You've earned this." I told him. "Keep it up. And take care of the family, alright?" I said as I patted his shoulder, meanwhile he stared at me dumbfounded.

"And take care of yourself." I said before walking out.

"You'll be back here! This shit belongs to you!" He said as I kept walking

Madison's POV

"So, where were you the other day?" Nate asked before taking a bite of his food.

Flashbacks of me and Jason kissing and the vision of him hovering over me, came to my mind.

"Oh, uh, I visited a friend. She had been out of the country for a while and she just came back."

Nate nodded and continued to eat.

I kept my eyes focused out the window that was in front of me and couldn't help but think about him.

My heart skipped a beat every time I thought about him. I felt goosebumps, it was like my heart was telling me that I should be with him. But my mind was the one in control, and it knew better than my stupid heart.
Nate is a good guy, he's been here with me for two years, taking care of me. I can't do that to him. He's just too good.

"You okay?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah." I said and smiled. "I'm just... tired."

We finished eating and went back home.

"Babe." He said, making me look at him, ready to listen to what he wanted to say.

"My sister gets in town today. We're having a little family get together, would you like to come?"

"Uh, no. I'll just stay here." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Mhm." I nodded.

"Mads, what's wrong? You've been acting weird lately." "You keep blowing me off, dodging my calls..." "Did I do something?" He asked.