Seventy

Jason's POV

I sat across from Lawrence, almost falling asleep in my chair.

Today Madison's dad wasn't here, which was odd since he never missed these stupid meetings. However, I was too tired to ask about him.

I yawned and stretched my legs, causing Lawrence to clear his throat in annoyance.

"Justin, I need you focused." He said.

I rubbed my eyes and nodded as I tried to sit up straight.

This shit was so boring, why do I need to be here? It's obvious it's not gonna change anything. Yes, I'm Jason McCann. They might not have found my DNA on any crime scenes, but they saw me at that dock two years ago, they saw me at Madison's place, holding a gun to her head, and threatening to kill her if they didn't back off.

The door was opened and in walked a worried Mr.Beer.

"Sorry." He said as he walked towards us. "It's just, Madison." He said as he took a seat.

"What about Madison?" I asked him, suddenly becoming wide awake.

He sighed and looked at me, like he was contemplating wether telling me was a good idea or not.

"She didn't come home last night." He said.

"But I sent security to check her apartment, to see if she spent the night there. I'm waiting to hear back from them so, let's not get worried until we have to be." He said.

I was fucking worried. She didn't come home last night.

She's out there alone, while I'm trapped in here, powerless. I can't save her if she's in danger.

Everyone knows I'm in prison. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to do something to her since I'm gone.

I closed my eyes shut and pursed my lips, trying my best to calm down and not cuss at him for not being worried enough.

"Justin I'm sure she's alright." Lawrence said. "We need to focus on your case."

Before I could open my mouth to yell at him for being so reckless, Mr.Beer's phone rang, managing to get all my attention.

"Hello?" He answered it.

I stared at his eyes and lips, trying to understand his facial expressions, to see if I could find out what he was hearing.

He put his hand against his forehead and let out a sigh. Not good.

Madison, where the fuck are you?

"Thank you." He hung up the call.

"They didn't find her there, did they?" I asked.

"No." He answered.

Fuck.

"I'll take care of this." He said.

"How?" I yelled, losing my temper. "I can't concentrate on this shit if Madison is missing!" I tried to excuse myself.

He nodded as he stared into my eyes with a concerned expression on his face. "What do you think I should do?" He asked.

I stayed quiet and stared at his phone. "When was the last time you tried calling her?" I asked. "Has anyone seen her car? She was at Bella's house yesterday, have you called her?" Maybe she's with her and her phone died. Or they're just asleep, Mads sleeps a lot.

Maybe this is all a big misunderstanding.

"We can call her again." He said. I nodded in agreement and he took out his phone to dial her number.