Eighty Six

Madison's POV

I was finally back in my apartment, feeling okay with life.

A lot has happened during these last few months, but at least Jason is alive, which is what keeps me sane for now.

Yesterday was my first night sleeping here, I reached out to my management, got set up with a few jobs, I still haven't told anyone from my circle that I'm back though, I want to take a few days to myself. I don't feel very social right now.

I was back in my feet now. I got ready early in the morning and went into work.

Jason, oddly, hasn't reached out yet. He hasn't texted me since I left, let alone called. It's weird, I wonder what he's up to.

Jason's POV

I was sitting in a van with Ashton, waiting for Jack and Tyler to communicate from the inside. I ended up staying behind, and not going into the place they had Zayn locked in.

"Why haven't they said nothing yet?" I asked, getting anxious.

"We have to be patient McCann. This is a risky thing we're doing." Ashton said.

I took in a deep breath and said aggressively, "It's been two hours!" "They should report something back by now."

Truth is I was getting frustrated, and paranoid.

What if they caught them? What if they never come out?

As far as we know, thanks to Ashton, Zayn is supposed to be given one hour outdoors, although he's probably locked in a cage during that hour. He's locked up, so there's maximum two guards with them, I sent Tyler and Jack extra armed, so Zayn could also defend himself. This should be easy, why the fuck are they taking so long.

I bounced my leg up and down and brushed my hair back with my hand.

"They're communicating!" Ashton said.

"Things got complicated." Jack said out of breath.  "We need to leave fast. Start the car."

"What's going on?" I asked. "Did you get to Zayn?"

I heard some shots go off, and they didn't answer.

"Gilinsky!" I yelled into the device.
"Start the car!" I ordered. Anxiety was taking over me, what the duck is going on?

A few minutes after our failed attempt at communicating, I spotted Tyler walking towards the van, dressed up in a janitor uniform.

"Where the fuck is Jack?" I asked as Tyler quickly got inside. He looked back to where he had just came from, making me look as well, and there were two men dressed in guard uniforms.

My heart was racing. I recognized the tattoos on the second man, I knew who they belonged to. It was Zayn.

They jumped inside and we quickly drove off. Ashton was in the front, along with another one of my men, I was in the back staring at Zayn, not being able to believe he was standing in front of me.

He pulled his hand out and i took it, pulling him into a 'bro-hug'. I'll admit, I felt emotional. I hadn't seen him in years, I thought he was dead.

"Took you fucking long enough to get me out of that shit hole." He said as we pulled away.

"I thought you were dead." I said. Otherwise i would've gotten him out long time ago.

"I can say the same thing about you." 

Madison's POV

"I think we got the shot." The photographer said, making everyone cheer.

I was ready to go home and eat something already.