B'day Celebration

After the haldi function the singhaniya and Sehgals went their ways back to their respective homes.

Mahir wanted to see Bela but he couldn't whereas Bela was too shy to even have a glance of him.

Currently, Singhaniya House,Jalandhar

Whole singhaniya family was sitting together and having dinner.Bela was having her food silently as usual while the others were speaking,some about today's function while others discussing the wedding preparations.

"Tu itni chup kyu h Bela?"asked her dadi as she noticed Bela was quite.

"Woh bolti kaha h Kuch"said Divya.

"Divya chup kr jaana nhi toh meine teri gutthi (bum)suja deni h maar maar ke.....jab dekho tab taane marti rehti h meri bacchi ko"said her dadi irritatedly.

"Mein thik hu mujhe kuch nhi hua h dadi faltu tension na lo aap"said Bela assuring her dadi.He dadi nodded convinced with her.

"Chalo ab parso toh Bela chali jayegi iss ghar ko hamesha hamesha ke liye chodkr"said Bela's chachi making Bela more sad as these were the only thoughts that have been disturbing her since the time she new only two days are left for her to leave this house where she had spent her entire life,to leave those people who have taken care of her since her first breath.

She knows after her marriage things would be different,she have to ask someone to visit her own home,her home will now not be her's anymore,not only her address will change but her name which she has been using since the past 25 years will also change...it will no more be Bela Raj Singhaniya but from now onwards it will be Bela Mahir Sehgal,she could no more be the naive,shy,quiet girl her grandparents had brought up now she has to be a matured responsible daughter in law to the family her grandparents are getting her married into.

The mere thought of leaving her grandparents is making her shiver,what if she is not the kind of daughter in law her in laws want her to??what if she is not an efficient wife??what if she is not good enough??what if she fails?what if she is not able to adjust??what if she will not be able to accept them as her family?what if she is.........

All these thoughts were creating a havoc in her mind.

Marriage is not just getting a life partner it is also getting a new family you have to accept as your own.Not only is there an addition in family but there is an addition to the responsibilities.Its not just about the girl moving out of her home but also a girl needs to move out of her comfort zone to make the groom's home as her's.

"Mera khana ho gaya h"said Bela and left the table before anybody could stop her.

"What is your problem??khushi kyu nhi dekh sakti tum meri beti ki??jab dekho tab taane marti rehti ho usse"asked Bela's Mom angrily to her chachi.

"Mein toh bas baat keh rahi thi....ab do din baad jayegi hi na iss ghar se"said her chachi shrugging her shoulders.

"Oyee chup kr tujhe fikr krne ki zarurar nhi h meri bacchi ki"saying so Bela's dadi went behind Bela.Her dadu also left.

Bela was sitting on her bed looking at the ground.

"Puttar ek din toh hrr kisi ko jaana hota h na shadi krke?"said her dadi sitting beside her.Her dadu sat on the other side.