Hectic Schedule

Bela had set the breakfast table and everyone had gathered as usual and sat on their respective places and then she served them.

"Mahir kidhar h???so raha h woh abhi tak???"Dadu asked and before Bela could say anything Shivaay said.

"Mahir ki baat ho Rahi h Rudra ya Kunj ki nhi"Shivaay said and Dadu nodded,it isn't like Mahir to sleep on a week day,he is the first one to leave the house for his work.

"Woh unki ek surgery h toh woh pehle hi nikal gaye"Bela said and everyone nodded.

Mahir had left around 5 am in the morning,Bela had insisted a lot that she would make breakfast for him but he just denied and had a banana and left stating he was going to be late otherwise.

He worked too much and Bela at times like this didn't liked it,he would often miss his breakfast and leave early,she knows it's his job and he can't help it but all she wants is him to take care of himself.
____________________________

"Sir everything is prepared,we are good to go"Said Mishra and Mahir nodded.

"Let's do this then,Ahuja,Sharma,scrub in and join me"Mahir said and the two residents were overjoyed to be a part of such a complex surgery.

Mahir and his team made their way into the OT and soon the surgery began.

"It's more attached then we saw"Ahuja said as she saw the two brains which were too closely adherent.

"What do we do now??"Mahir asked looking at the two residents.

"We need to individually coagulate, separate, and divide the blood vessels that are going between the two brains and all the brain tissue that are adherent"Sharma another of the resident said.

" There are hundreds of tiny blood vessels, each of which has to be traced and identified as belonging to one or the other of the girls. Moreover, the girls' brains are not merely connected, they are wrapped around each other like a helix, adding to the complexity"Ahuja said and Mahir nodded.

"Each twin's skull needs to be refashioned, using a blend of bone material and Gore-Tex fibers"Mahir said and everyone nodded at it then.

"10 hours and 31 mins into the surgery"Said the anesthesiologist.

"It's going to take long,so brace yourselves "Mahir said and everyone in the OT nodded.

15 hours and 45 mins later.

"Mishra scrub out, inform the family it's going to take time and explain them the situation we are dealing with"Mahir said and Mishra nodded and left the OT.

"Only 3 more hours I think"Mahir said and the residents sighed,they have been doing this since 5am yesterday and now it was 2am the next day almost 24 hours and still they were in the OT,fatigued and exhausted.

"And we are done"Mahir said as he separated the last two joined tissues.

The residents sighed,finally done.

"Mishra do the closing,ask Dr.Dheer to do a checkup and observe the patient and call me only if necessary"Mahir said and Mishra nodded.

Mahir then left the OT and firstly washed his hands and then face,he was fully tired, exhausted and his bladder was about to burst.

He made his way into his cabin and was about to make his way towards the washroom but halted when he heard a voice.

"Aap abhi free huye h??"Bela asked and Mahir turned and saw her sitting on his couch in the cabin.

"Okay,mein sab bataunga but firstly I need to use the restroom urgently"Saying so Mahir left.

He sighed in relief when he came out,he really needed to pee badly.