First Anniversay away from eachother

Mahir was on his way home,there was a surgery that he had to perform but for that he needed to leave for Udaipur.The thing was Mahir had received a call from one of his old professors from his medical College.He had then come to know that his Professors brother was in an accident and was severely injured,suffering multiple brain injuries,at that moment Mahir could not make it to Udaipur so he had instructed the other doctor present there to perform the surgery.The patient was then stable,but about an hour ago he had received a call that the patient wasn't getting consciousness and when Mahir had asked them to send him his reports he figured out another surgery needed to be done because there was some internal bleeding which wasn't diagnosed at first.He had for now asked them to use medications and see if the bleeding stops while he was on his way only to check on him,and if required they would do the surgery again while this time he would be the one to do it.

But the thing was today was Bela's birthday,yes they have indeed completed a year to their marriage and would be celebrating their first year anniversary tomorrow itself,the whole family had brought a cake for Bela which she had cut at 12am at the night,Mahir had gifted her a beautiful ring to her at night itself with her favourite flowers and chocolates offcourse.It did took a lot of struggle on his part to get the best ring and he had to at last take Shivaay's help who took Anika's help but at the end he managed to get this wonderful diamond ring which Bela loved a lot.

Shaking all these thoughts away from his head he reached his home and called for Bela because he knew she would be home as it was lunch time.

"Bela"He called her name and she came out of the kitchen, wiping her hand with her saree pallu,giving him a questioning as well as a curious look.

"Aap yaha kya kr rahe h??half day h kya??saari appointments ho gayi aapki?"She asked because those were the only reasons he would come back home.

"Nhi,mere 2-3 jodi kapde pack kr do na please,mujhe ek urgent kaam se bahar jaana padega"He said as he walked towards their room and Bela followed him getting more confused.

"Kya kaam h?? achank se kese??aur jaana kaha h aapko??"Bela asked as she removed a set of trousers and shirt and kept it into the small trolley bag while he was getting his other things like his charger, toiletries etc.

"Arre meine bola tha na woh mere Professor ke bhai ka accident hua tha,so abhi internal bleeding ho gayi h unko and meine filhal medication dene ke liye bola h but I think surgery krni hi padegi dubara,so mujhe jaana padega"He said as he kept the other stuff into that bag,Bela took it from his hands and arranged it neatly,she went and got a towel as well as his sets of underwear,socks and sweater as well because it was cold in Udaipur.

"Ohh"Bela said as she packed his bag and closed the zip.

"Aap lunch krke jaiye phir,lunch ready hi h"She said but Mahir shook his head and said.

"Late ho jayega mujhe,45 mins mein flight h meri,Shivaay ko bol diya h meine usne kr di thi ticket"He said as he picked the trolley bag from the bed and walked towards her.

"I am really sorry Bela,mujhe sacchi nhi pata tha aisa kuch aa jayega,I know aaj tumhara bday h bu.....

"Shhh,aapko iss sab ke baare mein sochne ki zarurat nhi h,wese bhi mera bday kisi ki jaan se zyada important nhi h,aap aaram se jaiye aur apna kaam krke aaiye, celebration toh hum baadmein bhi kr sakte h"She said and he sighed and then nodded,he genuinely felt bad for leaving her alone on her bday as well as their first anniversary.

He gave her a quick hug and planted a kiss on her forehead.Both made their way out of their room and towards the car and Bela smiled and waved at him and he did the same and the car zoomed out of the house.