🔪~It Started With a Mask~🔪

Michael Myers x Male Reader

Smith's Grove Sanitarium, a place for the strange and insane. The mental institution held many dangerous individuals but one of the most would have to be young Michael Myers, a child who was sent to the hospital after brutally murdering his older sister. He was a silent individual who isolated himself, refusing to speak to anyone. 

Nothing anyone did seemed to reach the boy, that was until a new boy arrived at the facility. That new boy was you. 

You were taken to the institute after pushing your father down a flight of stairs one night leading to his untimely demise. After that you were admitted to the institute and your mother gladly let it happen. 

The nurses were appalled when they did a check up, you were extremely malnourished and your arms and torso were covered in bruises along with old scars that expressed the extent of the abuse you were subjected to. Despite the obvious pity and compassion the staff felt they were still weary of you, after all they knew firsthand what kind of monsters trauma could create. 

You and Michael were a lot alike, the both of you refused to talk and spent your time alone in whatever world you both had created. At first Michael paid no mind to you, quickly you became another face in the back of his mind. 

Overall you were quiet and extremely timid, you would flinch and shy away from any form of physical contact. This made you a target for the more violent inmates as they knew you wouldn't dare utter a word to any staff members. Michael watched how on numerous occasions you would disappear for a few hours with someone who claimed to be your friend only to return with bruises or open wounds. You were unfazed by the unfair treatment, after all that's what you deemed normal. 

One day the staff members were hosting an arts and crafts day where you and Michael were both forced to attend along with a few others, the two of you were sitting at the same table. He paid you no mind as he started working on the project, they were teaching everyone how to make paper mache masks. You kept glancing beside you and you noticed Michael was struggling to get the mix the right consistency, hesitantly you offered some of yours and he accepted the offer not showing his surprise. 

Going back to work you felt more at ease since it seemed like Michael wasn't going to hurt you, not yet at least. 

The project was going smoothly and you both were almost done when another boy you recognized approached your table, he wasn't a nice person. The boy, Adam, snuck behind Michael and grabbed the near finished mask from his grip laughing as he tore it apart in front of the deranged child. Michael gripped the safety scissors in his hand as he felt rage flare up.

Before he could act on his anger you tapped on his shoulder with shaky hands, the touch was barely there it was so light however he felt it. He turned to face you quickly making you flinch as you held out your mask. The anger he displayed shook you to your core but you still offered your mask to him feeling bad for him. He worked so hard on his mask after all. 

After that night Michael started to hover around you keeping you company. He was extremely curious and you were always happy to indulge his curiosities. 

"M-michael" he turned to you, at first he would struggle to hear you due to your quiet voice but overtime he became accustomed to it, your voice was almost comforting but he would never admit it. "Did y-you hear about Adam, t-they f-found him dead." you moved next to him and grabbed one of his fingers in your smaller hand as you looked up to him. Michael nodded in response before patting your head. 

"I-im kind of g-glad he's go-gone." 

With that the discussion ended and Michael wasn't sure how to feel, of course he was the one to end his life. It was expected after he insulted him and ruined his property. Michael felt strange however, even if it was indirect the praise for the killing stirred something inside of him. He struggled to identify the feeling but he decided on something between happiness and pride. 

The next day you ended up in the clinic with 3rd degree burns, a small group of people jumped you when you were looking for Michael and dragged you to the bathroom before pouring boiling water on you. When you were discharged you returned with bandages covering your damaged skin. Michael was worried when you disappeared for a few days but now that he looked at you he was enraged. 

Michael became more possessive of you after that incident, he would constantly try to stay near you never letting you out of his view for more than a few minutes. He never learned who it was who hurt you but he was determined to find out. You however refused to tell him, feeling shame bubble up at the mention of the event. 

Dr. Loomis caught on to the strange relationship you shared with Michael and he was overjoyed as he watched the boy approach you one day before he patted you on the head in your usual greeting. Quickly Loomis jumped at the chance to use you to get Michael to open up and you were soon joining in on their sessions. 

As the time progressed and Loomis lost hope for the boy his worry for you grew. This fear of Michael led to one of your most painful memories, you were being transferred to another institution at Dr. Loomis' request.

The new institute was more lax but the damage from the previous institute was done. Over time you further isolated yourself but since you seemed to not be a danger to anyone you were released on your 18th birthday. The first few years of freedom were a struggle, you decided to settle down in Haddonfield. You started working at the local grocery store and soon got your own little home hidden in the surrounding forests. 

Your life became a boring loop of the same activities, wake up, work, sleep. 

As time passed you became bored however that all shortly changed when a Doctor Loomis knocked on your door with important news. 

"He's escaped." your eyes widened as you hid behind the door looking at him through the small crack, quickly you opened the door and gestured for him to enter. 

The doctor made himself at home quickly and sat on your old sofa as you sat on a recliner in the corner looking at him expectantly. 

"[Y/n] I'm sure you remember Michael Myers, well I'm sad to inform you that he's escaped and the only thing he took with him from his room was the mask you gave him years ago." the doctor searched your face for any reaction and after getting none he continued. 

"I fear he's coming back to Haddonfield and I think it would be best if you left town." 

Quickly you shook your head displaying your displeasure at the idea "I-i can't." you whispered as you fiddled with the hem of your shirt. 

"And why is that?" he asked as he studied you, the doctor didn't fully trust you after all you weren't Michael's friend for no reason. Over the years the man convinced himself that you and Michael must have held the same evil despite you never showing any signs of aggression towards others. "I j-just can't." 

He sighed before standing up and walking in front of you. You felt intimidated and pulled your legs towards yourself, something about the doctor was different. He wasn't kind anymore and his eyes lacked the sympathy they used to hold. 

"You will leave Haddonfield or I will make sure you and Michael are locked up for the rest of your days." With that he left slamming the door on his way out as he continued his search for Michael, he had to get you out of town he couldn't risk having you around. 

You were shaken up and on the verge of tears as you sat in the now quiet home. "You were r-right h-he is m-mean n-now." 

A tear slipped from your eyes and rolled down your cheek, quickly it was wiped away by a calloused thumb, Michael's thumb. 

The masked man crouched beside you before patting your head in an attempt to calm you as rage stirred within him. After all you were his and he would never let anyone take you from him again, especially not the doctor. 

🍁🎃🍁