🔪~Drifting Away~🔪

Bo Sinclair x Male Reader

TW: Derealization, Hallucinations

Fucky wucky brain vent one-shots just hit different

What's happening?

You felt like floating– like you were slowly drifting away.

What were you drifting from? The sheets below you were a pale blue, the color seemed so strange. So surreal was the color as it ran under your palm, the textures of the sheet were off, not quite wrong but not quite right. Running your fingers along the seams you felt your breathing pick up, a dull thrumming in the back of your skull.

This was wrong– something– everything was wrong–

You were drifting away from reality–

Hands shook as you gripped the sheet below you, knuckles turning white as you tried to ground yourself. Your efforts were in vain however as you only further drifted, your surroundings morphing in your mind and twisting into something strange and fake that had your breathing quickening. Looking through muddled eyes you tried desperately to find something to latch onto to keep you from fading. Your hands reach out, fingertips brushing a nearby blanket before seeping through as if you had tried to grab a ghost. Desperate you had tried again and again fingers grasping at anything you could.

Tears were warm and salty as they flowed from your wide doe eyes wetting your face as they fell before dripping from your chin.

Faded black shapes morphe behind your eyes projecting onto the walls surrounding, caging, you in a white toothy smile morphing and taking shape on the shadow faces. Wide eyes of white staring you down from where you shook. Your legs refused to move, eyes never straying from the creature, all you could do was continue gripping the blankets that were supposed to be below you hoping for everything to go away.

Pressure on your shoulder made you jerk a gasp pulled from your mouth. Even as the bed beside you shifted you couldn't tear your eyes from the pale ones pulling you further into the foggy hazy threatening to swallow your consciousness.

"[Y/n],"

Warmth surrounded your hands. The heat resting on the back of your hands felt right as did the arms pulling you back against a firm chest. "It's alright, honeydew," the words spoken were gentle and familiar. "Ya can let go of that blanket now, I got ya."

True to his word. The man behind you took your hands in his as soon as the blanket was released from your strained grasp. He cradled your hands gently treating them as if they would shatter at the slightest pressure. "Tha's a good boy," he praised "Now I need ya to look at me, baby." your breath hitched at the mere thought of breaking contact with the thing in front of you, it's pure white teeth smiling threateningly at you.

"No," you croaked out, "It's going to–

"I know," he cut you off, one of his hands coming to your face. "It'll be alright. Just trust me," his fingers gripping your chin before slowly turning your face upward. "See?" he asked, looking down at you. His features were fuzzy and fake as you looked at him. "Focus on me now,"

Stubble brushed your fingertips as he guided your hand along his jawline. "What's my name, darlin'?" he asked, his eyes focused on your face in intense worry at the far-off look in your eyes. After a lengthy pause, your scattered mind piecing together your jumbled mind you answered. "Bo," you breathed out, his features slowly becoming more and more real and relaxed as you answered each of his questions until the low buzzing gripping your mind had faded back into nothing. Leaving you to be held tightly in Bo's arms, his face smiling down at you warmly.