🔪~"In Your Dreams"~🔪

Ghostface (DBD) x Reader

Pop-

Pop-

Slowly the tin covering the top of the popcorn filled ballooning as it filled with the delicious snack. Hunched over you watched as it filed the popping noise continuing. The floor creaked as you stood before moving the popcorn off the burner on your stove, placing it on a cool burner to rest as you decided now would be a good tie to change out of your stiff work clothes.

It was Friday and after a long week of being swamped in the editor department of your town's local newspaper you finally had the opportunity to sit back and down a beer while binge watching all your favorite horror movies.

The apartment was dark, you had not had the chance to turn any lights on yet.

Once you made it to your room you flung the door open, the bright light in your room a contrast to the darkness filling the rest of your apartment, quickly you discarded the itchy formal shirt and black pants for a pair of grey sweats and your favorite t-shirt displaying your favorite horror character. You stopped in your bathroom to check yourself in the mirror after flicking on the lights, as you leaned on the counter to examine your face, noting the eyebags.

You froze as you realized something that made your eyebrows furrow.

"I could've sworn i turned it off-"

Click

The words you were about to say got stuck in your throat forming an uncomfortable lump as your breathing halted. Slowly you looked into the hallways. The light was now on and there stood a person shroud in black with a cheap white mask on. The mask however wasn't the only thing that caught your attention as the intruder waved a shiny hunting knife in one hand. Your breath hitched as your head felt light, how long have you been holding your breath. You question yourself as you remember how to breathe again.

"Danny." you breath out as you release a strained breath.

A deep warm chuckle graced your ears as one of the man's gloved hands went up to the mask before removing it exposing the face of your long time partner, a face that was straining with the effort not to laugh at your short lived expense. "You scared the shit out of me!" you exclaimed as you moved towards the killer before smacking him in the chest drawing a full blown laugh out of him.

He caught your hand as you moved to strike him again, bringing your hand to his face. He placed a light kiss on the back of your hand, a cruel smirk on his face daring you to challenge him. So you did just that. Pulling your hand back from his grasp you glared at him cursing whatever gods decided to give such a monster a charming face.

Danny sighed, accepting his defeat as he shrugged before reaching under his jacket to retrieve a dvd of some sort. "Picked this up on my way here. You're welcome sweetheart!" he sang the last part as he walked away sheathing his knife as he left you to examine the disk. It was a limited edition version of your favorite movie, you smiled.

Entering the kitchen once again, the movie clutched to your chest, you hugged Danny who was preoccupied getting the popcorn previously made into a bowl for the both of you, "Awh, Danny. You remembered my favorite movie." He turned in your arms his own smile on his face, this one much softer than his classic smirk, as he placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Hard to forget when you're constantly raging about how hot the killer is," he teased, making your smile drop momentarily "Don't act like you're any better." you shot back. He pretended to think before shrugging "Can't lie about that. Now go put the movie in while I finish getting the snacks ready, unless you want to be my snack instead. Want me to eat you up." he finished his statement with a flirtatious wink.

You scowled before pushing away from Danny the playfulness in your eyes shining clear.

"In your dreams."

"Right again, sunshine." he shot back, making you laugh as you stuck up your middle finger holding it up by your shoulder.

He watched as you walked away feeling an unusual warmth inside his chest that you always left bubbling inside of him.