🔪~Sunsets~🔪

Bo Sinclair x Male Reader

⚠️Homophobia⚠️

Tysm @Yourlittlefriend2021 for editing this 🥰

It wasn't often that Bo had moments to himself where he could simply kick back and enjoy a cold beer. As time passed by the sun in the sky shifted from the middle of the sky till it was dipping towards the earth. The sky was painted with an array of vibrant colors that captured the man's attention in full, his alcohol-riddled brain enchanted by the sight.

Bo would never admit it out loud but he was always fond of sunsets. He found great joy in watching the colors burn through the blue of the sky, challenging the boring blue colors of the day. As the colors shifted, the once pastel hues slowly darkened. Bo felt a sharp sting of nostalgia that had him daydreaming of sparkling eyes and warm hands that would grip his own while walking beside him, happy to simply breathe the same air as he did.

[Y/n]- the town pretty boy.

Your image was burned permanently in Bo's mind. Everything from the way you smiled warmly at him, hands outstretched all the way. You had looked scuffed up after helping him out of a tussle with the neighborhood brats.

He remembers the first time the both of you had met. Bo had been walking home alone, head held down and arms crossed in front of his chest, his face etched into a permanent smile that would warn off most people. Well, most- you had bounded up to him, one of your signature smiles stretching your lips. He had halted, his eyes widening as his mind whirled and his heart throbbed, something strange that had him second-guessing his plans of brushing you off. Your lips were moving but Bo did nothing but stupidly stare. The poor boy was too absorbed in all that was you to really process your words or the fact you were speaking at all.

Next thing he knew a frog was jumping from your outstretched hands, threatening to attack Bo with all its fury, causing you to stumble forward scrambling to grab the slimy amphibian. The both of you were a tangled bunch of limbs and blushing faces on the ground, a cloud of dirt pillowing into the sky around the both of you. Bo could hear his heart throbbing in his ears, you were so close together that he could feel your breath fanning against his face.

"My eyes!"

You had sat up, hands rubbing at your eyes as they watered, the dirt particles in the air stinging your eyes as a frog croaking could be heard in the background slowly getting more and more distant.

Bo was home later than usual that night. He had walked you home after you claimed to be blinded, stating that if he refused to walk you home that instant you may just die. So of course Bo couldn't leave you there in your current state.

Your hand was wrapped around his as he kept his own hands in a fist, refusing to make eye contact with you. His face was burning as soon as you had grabbed his balled-up hand. "I don't wanna trip," you had said leaving Bo without a reason to pull away. Or at least that's what he would say the next day when a group of kids who happened to peer upon the pair would ask teasingly as they waved sticks in the air threateningly. In reality, he had enjoyed the warmth of your hand around his, and halfway through the walk Bo found himself letting up unfurling his fingers till they were laced within your own.

After that, the boy couldn't get rid of you. You always found a way to strike when he least expected you. Whether it was when he was walking home or getting into some crap with the other kids, you would appear and he would be starstruck as he would watch you sucker punch some punk who had been reeling for a fight. He still remembers how you had looked back then, knuckles red and bleeding as you reached a hand out for him who had landed on the ground after a hard shove. And the next thing he remembered was having to pull the punk off of you after he had tackled you angrily with a rapidly bruising cheek. That night Bo had to patch you up and the whole time you were absolutely giddy, talking Bo's ear off only to hiss in pain occasionally before continuing your tangent your fists pumped up in the air excitedly.

Bo wasn't completely sure when your presence became normal and he was even less sure when your face became an image of safety and security for him. However, he does remember the first time he had shown up at your home alone.

His hands were shaking as his shoulders quivered. He knocked on the door frantically, instant relief flooding him when you answered the door half asleep and in your pajamas. It was late in the night and Bo had thrown himself in your arms as tears cascaded down his cheeks, his bottom lip quivering with silent sobs of agony. Despite being confused and delirious you had wrapped your arms around Bo's shoulders letting him hide his face in your chest with shame.

Bo had spent the night at your place. Not much was said when Bo was done crying, sitting numbly on your bed as you dabbed at an ugly bruise around his left eye. He was silent as you worked on his injuries. You were concentrated, your face serious but not cold and Bo couldn't help but unashamedly stare, soaking in the way your lips twitched in a scowl as you moved his sleeves up his arms exposing a fresh batch of suffering.

You had him all cleaned and bandaged before the both of you settled into your bed. Bo had instantly wrapped his arms around you seeking comfort he knew only you could provide to him. "He called me a fag-" Bo had said his voice cracking "My dad, he said he can't believe he had raised someone like me. Fucker didn't raise me at all." Bo paused looking at you shyly for reassurance and only after not seeing any disgust or disinterest in your eyes did he continue "Unless you count occasionally slappin' around as raisin' someone."

"It ain't right- how some people just get to be normal and happy," fresh tears fell from his eyes but he didn't hide instead choosing to ball your shirt up in his fists,"while I get beat on just for lovin' another man." by now his hands were shaking as they held your wrinkled shirt, "Why couldn't I have jus' been born a chick?"

You had placed a soft kiss on Bo's forehead as he cried, your arms never leaving your place around him.

That was all that was said that night. The two of you instead spent the rest of the night curled into one another, sharing occasional glances and light cautious kisses as the both of you waited for the sun to rise, seeing if the sun could break whatever curse the both of you had seemingly found yourselves in.

After that, the sun rose and then set again and again and the both of you never seemed to have broken the curse that bound you together. The both of you had tried everything but at the end of every day you both had found yourselves curled up into one another as the sun dipped beyond the horizon, sharing stolen kisses and touches wishing for one more day together.

Bo smiled drunkenly from where he sat on the porch after faring the dangerous path from the living room couch, the drink that was in his hand now somewhere on the ground as he held a freshly opened one. The sky was nearing complete darkness, the edges of the sky still lit up in dark hues that were quickly fading as the world was engulfed in the darkness of night.

"Glad to see I didn't miss the sunset completely."

"Ya almost did," Bo said in reply. You walked next to the drunk man, sitting next to him on the wooden step before taking the drink from his hands. "Hey-" you pecked his lips with your own silencing him "You know the rules. No booze or no cuddles," you said setting the can aside before cuddling next to Bo. "You drive a hard bargain there, sunshine," he said, wrapping an arm around you pulling you close, "but that's a trade-off I'm more than willing to make."