🔪~Everything's Not Alright~🔪

Vincent Sinclair x Reader

Requested by boneeating--bastard on Tumblr

2/3 Comfort Fics

Vincent had dragged you downstairs with him early that morning gushing about his newest project idea. You had listened intently, smiling and nodding along the whole way. He quickly got you and him situated at his desk stating how he wanted you with him. After all, a second set of eyes always helped Vincent with input and bettering his work.

It also helped that if Vincent ran out of ideas or got stuck he could simply look to his left and have a stunning model at the ready.

At first, everything was going smoothly. You would point out little things and compliment Vincent when needed. Striking up conversation occasionally. Nothing too distracting from Vincent's work of course. As the time passed, however, you became unsettlingly quiet.

Your usual little quips and ramblings started to lessen until you were completely silent barely clinging to a clearly fake smile. Even when the sculptor asked you questions you found it difficult to reply and Vincent noticed. Most of your responses were reduced to small nods or simple 'yes' or 'no's.

It worried Vincent but he figured you were just distracted. Your mind wandering elsewhere as his often did. He looked back to his project, moving one hand to your wrist. He held you and rubbed small circles into your skin. the small contact between the both of you bringing him immeasurable amounts of comfort. Vincent felt you shift where you sat and looked your way again.

His movements froze and his face scrunched up in worry. Hot tears ran down your face silently as you struggled to keep them in.

Vincent's project was forgotten in a heartbeat. His body turned to you, one hand holding yours as his other came up to his face where he signed "What's wrong?" Love and concern written all over his face.

You choked back a sob, your chest feeling heavy "N-nothing," you say confusing Vincent, causing him to tilt his head ready to sign again before being interrupted by you "I-I mean nothing right now!" You quickly corrected "Everything's perfect right now."

Your lover frowned as he watched you try to mask your pain with a stoic face wiping away the tears flowing from your eyes. They wouldn't stop coming though and your efforts seemed to be in vain.

"If everything alright," Vincent began signing, "Then why are you crying?" A fresh wave of tears fell from your eyes. Your hands shaking in Vincent's grasp "It just hurts," you whisper gesturing to your chest.

Vincent understood what you meant in an instant. Immediately wrapping you in his arms, offering you comfort and safety in his arms.

His hands rubbed soothing circles into your back, placing soft kisses on the top of your head. You sobbed clinging to his shirt, a lifetime of pain crashing down onto you. Vincent was happy to help you shoulder whatever pain you were suffering through, even as the front of his shirt soaked with tears he never pulled away letting you cry yourself out with a soft sympathetic smile.