🔪~"I Know"~🔪

Dewey x Trans Reader (No Pronouns Used)

Requested by Anonymous on Tumblr 

A Special for Trans Visibility Day!! 

(Leave short non-smut ideas for Trans Visibility Day Specials in the comments or PM them to me if you want I'll be trying to get as much done as I can and I will be done accepting ideas after 6 Pm  Central Time since I plan on pulling an all-nighter to get some official requests done.)

Pounding, that was all you could hear as you sat before Dewey, your boyfriend. The words you had uttered moments prior hung in the air of the living room like a thick cloud. Suffocated was what you felt as you held your breath, too scared of what desperate noises of rejection you might let out if you exhaled at that very moment.

"I'm trans," you had said, stilling Dewey who was mid-rant recalling every detail about his workday to you. His bright smile had fallen once your words had processed in his mind, a shocked and serious expression quickly overtaking his face, which was enough to make you regret your decision. As the silence stretched for what seemed an eternity.

Your hands had begun shaking from where they were perched on your lap, your eyes transfixed on them. Why wasn't he saying anything?

"I know," those two words had your head shooting up, your own flabbergasted expression on your face, the beating of your heart now nothing but background noise as Dewey spoke. "Well, technically I knew since we started dating. You're not exactly slick, [Y/n]. Plus my years working in the force taught me a thing or two about detective work." Dewey chuckled his hands encasing yours in his own before pulling them up to his face. His lips grazing your trembling knuckles. "I don't care who you were before," Dewey spoke with earnest his gaze holding yours "What matters is that your [Y/n] now, and I love you, [Y/n]. Oh, wait–"

Dewey had shot up from the couch rushing from the living room, a childish grin on his face. While the brunette was gone you worked on steadying your breathing and stilling your hands.

"I was waiting till you came out–" In your man's hands was a pink, blue, and white flag. Tears pricked your eyes from joy as Dewey returned to your side. "It's not too much is it?" Dewey suddenly asked, looking worried. "We can hide it somewhere when people come over if your not comfortable having everyone know–"

"It's perfect," you breathed out silencing the man.

Hands now stable, you intertwined your fingers in his own, a rush of relief and acceptance washing over you.