🔪~Movie Night~🔪

Brahms Heelshire x Reader

Requested by Anonymous

Tysm for this request I've been trying to work in a one-shot that deals with little space forever and you've given me the perfect excuse!

Edited by Yourlittlefriend2021, Tysm!

"Of course Mrs. Heelshire. Enjoy your night!" you called as you watched the old couple happily get into a car from the front steps of their home. You couldn't deny that the couple had been looking much happier as opposed to when you first arrived.

It had been a few months that you had been employed as Brahms' babysitter. It was an odd case but you had stuck to it. After all, it should have been an easy gig. Thankfully for you, however, you weren't a complete idiot and when strange things started happening like your items just miraculously disappearing or moving around the home, your first train of thought was an intruder had been living in the home without the couple's knowledge. I mean they would have let you know if someone else was in the home with you, right?

One night you realized how wrong you were and that the nice old couple would definitely leave you alone with a dirty, 6 ft tall, grown man without your knowledge.

You still remember the day you had found Brahms rummaging around the kitchen, looking for the leftovers from lunch while desperately trying not to make a noise. It was the first time the couple had employed you for an overnight job with them: wanting to go to a festival hosted a few towns over. Brahms looked shocked to see you standing in the kitchen, mouth open wide as you stared at the man. To Brahms' surprise you didn't run away from him. No- instead you just stood there and screamed at the poor man, berating him with questions before pointing an accusing finger in his face, making him back up till his back was against one of the kitchen walls. His hands held in front of him despite; your obvious height difference Brahms was terrified of you at that moment. He had never heard you yell before and it shocked him.

After Brahms had gotten over his initial shock, the man lowered his head before speaking in his little kid's voice, eyes watching you carefully.

Poor Brahms didn't know the way he was looking at you caused you to freeze, mouth clamping shut as a chill ran down your spine- he looked insane.

The memory still brings a smile to your face, even as you stand in the home's library putting away a few stray books from that day's lessons that got left out. You almost felt sorry for Brahms, he was so terrified as he sat on the couch watching as you called his frantic parents who were quick to assure you everything was all right. He looked terrified, scared witless that he was in some sort of trouble, that you were angry at him.

At first, you were angry at the man, but you couldn't blame him for what his parents did, so you put on your best poker face before turning to the man, determined to see the rest of the night through. After all, you were still his caretaker until his parent arrived and after all this man hadn't caused you any trouble the countless times you had been in the home. So why should all that change now?

That night you had stopped the man as he had tried to retreat to the walls instead of grabbing his hand and leading him upstairs. You had given him a fresh pair of clothes and after a small argument, he begrudgingly entered the bathroom, exiting clean and dressed in surprisingly comfortable pajamas. Brahms would never forget the way you smiled at him when he had listened to you and after that night he would make it a conscious effort to try and keep up with the hygiene routine you had taught him if only to see you smile again.