The Doctor Dances

{"Exactly which dancing are we talking about?"}

The patients are almost within touching distance. Suddenly I yelled out in a panic, "Go to your room." The patients in the ward and the child in the house stand still. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" The child and the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle away. The child leaves the Lloyd's house and the patients get back into bed. "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words."

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Rose asked with a frown causing me to sigh, "They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." I spoke as Theta glared at Jack. "How was your con supposed to work?" I asked looking towards him with the same glare. "Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah. Perfect." I scoffed. "The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day. Getting a hint of disapproval." Jack spoke noticing our look, "Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did." I pointed out causing him to defend himself, "It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." He spoke.

"Rose."

"Are we getting out of here?"

"We're going upstairs."

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it." Jack insisted with a dark look, "I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day." I spoke out as a siren sounds. "What's that?"

"The all clear."

"I wish."

"Mister Spock? Princess?" Jack yelled out as they followed us through the hall, "Doctor? Kate?" Rose continued causing Jack to look towards me; finally getting me name as we run past the staircase. We are the next flight up. "Have you got a blaster?" The Doctor asked causing Jack to smile "Sure!"
They run up to join us outside a secure metal door. "The night your space-junk landed, someone was hurt. This was where they were taken." I told the two as Rose looked at me. "What happened?"

"Let's find out. Get it open." I nodded to Jack causing Rose to frown and turn to Theta, "What's wrong with your sonic screwdriver?" He shrugged s, "Nothing." Jack's blaster disintegrates the lock. "Sonic blaster, fifty first century. Weapon Factories of Villengard?"