The Unicorn and The Wasp

{"Shocks like that are how we got our daughter

{"Shocks like that are how we got our daughter."}

A month later, the Tardis materialises just inside the grounds of a grand old manor house. "Oh, smell that air. Grass and lemonade. And a little bit of mint. A hint of mint. Must be the nineteen twenties." Theta held his hand out for me, holding Fay in a sling in front. He wanted me to wear something nice, so I managed to snag a dress for the decade. I smiled at him as I took his head, my other one nudging Fay lightly causing her to giggle. Her father decided he wanted to have her since she had been with me most of the trips recently. "You can tell what year it is just by smelling?" Donna asked looking up at him with a raised eyebrow, "Oh, yeah." He smirked smugly, "Or maybe that big vintage car coming up the drive gave it away." An open topped tourer turns on the gravel in front of the house and sounds its horn. Two servants come out, the butler and a footman.

"The Professor's baggage, Richard. Step lively." We watch the older driver gets out and removes his goggles. "Good afternoon, Professor Peach." Peach nods back, "Hello, Greeves, old man." The young vicar rides up on his bicycle. "Ah, Reverend." He was greeted with a smile, "Professor Peach. Beautiful day. The Lord's in his heaven, all's right with the world." The reverend spoke, "Reverend Golightly. Lady Eddison requests you make yourselves comfortable in your rooms. Cocktails will be served on the lawn from half past four." I roll my eyes as Theta follows after them, "You go on up. I need check something in the library." Donna scoffed lightly shaking her head. "Oh?" I look back towards the men, "Alone." Peach smirked, "It's supposed to be a party. All this work will be the death of you." Now we are eavesdropping in the shrubbery. "Never mind Planet Zog. A party in the nineteen twenties, that's more like it." Donna smiled towards Theta who smirked back, "The trouble is, we haven't been invited. Oh, I forgot. Yes, we have." He holds up his physic paper with a wink.

After announcing the party, Donna rushed back to get dressed in the proper attire. I stayed with Theta who had been playing with Fay for a few minutes before he knocks on the Tardis door. "We'll be late for cocktails." Donna has changed into a beaded dress suitable for the period. Theta is already The Man in the Brown Suit and I had already been in a nice champagne dress for the era. "What do you think? Flapper or slapper?" She asked with a smirk, doing a small pose. "Flapper. You look lovely. Although no offense, my love looks better." She faked gapped at him before letting out a laugh. "Non taken."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

The young footman starts a record playing while the Indian housekeeper gives orders. "Look sharp. We have guests." A man announces loudly as we walk over to them. "Good afternoon." Theta smiles, "Drinks, sir? Ma'am's?" One of the butler's ask the four of us, "Sidecar, please." Donna smirks all smug like, no idea why. "And a lime and soda, thank you." Theta orders as he hands over Fay who reached for me with a whimper. "I'll just take sweet tea." I muttered lightly rocking her back and forth.

"May I announce Lady Clemency Eddison." Lady Eddison is a petite older woman, "Lady Eddison." Theta smiled at her, raising his eyebrows in realization. "Forgive me, but who exactly might you be, and what are you doing here?" She asked with a smile as she shook Theta's hand, "I'm the Doctor, this is My wife Kate and our daughter Fay. And this is Miss Donna Noble, of the Chiswick Nobles." Donna puts on a posh accent and drops a curtsey. "Good afternoon, my lady. Topping day, what? Spiffing. Top hole." Both Theta and I turned slowly to look at her, "No, no, no, no, no. No, don't do that. Don't." I whisper to her as he shows the psychic paper to Lady Eddison. "We were thrilled to receive your invitation, my lady. We met at the Ambassador's reception." She fake smiled as if she really knew who we were, "Doctor, how could I forget you? But one must be sure with the Unicorn on the loose." She leads us over to the table, "A unicorn? Brilliant. Where?" He looks around causing me to chuckle with a shake of my head. "The Unicorn. The jewel thief? Nobody knows who he is. He's just struck again. Snatched Lady Babbington's pearls right from under her nose."