The Shakespeare Code

{"I don't enjoy being flirted with unless its my lover

{"I don't enjoy being flirted with unless its my lover."}

The Tardis is still bucking, and Martha is hanging on to the console. Theta made sure to keep me in the seat as he hung onto the console as well. "But how do you travel in time? What makes it go?" Martha shouts from the other side of the console. "Oh, let's take the fun and mystery out of everything. Martha, you don't want to know. It just does. Hold on tight." The Tardis comes to a halt, and Martha falls to the floor. "Blimey. Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing?" I snorted back a laugh as he shrugged not caring much. "Yes, and I failed it. Now, make the most of it. I promised you one trip, and one trip only. Outside this door, brave new world."

"Where are we?"

"Take a look. After you." He opens the door as she stands with a smile, hesitating she moves out as he holds his hand out for me. I smile and grab it, moving out with him behind me so he could close the door.

Washing hangs on lines below the overhanging eaves, scruffy urchins running around. Martha looks around in awe as Theta pulls me closer giving a soft kiss on the head before she turns around. "Oh, you are kidding me. You are so kidding me. Oh, my God, we did it. We travelled in time. Where are we? No, sorry. I got to get used to this whole new language. When are we?" She laughed spinning around causing me to smile at her, she was a new source of light even if it's just a little bit.

"Mind out." He pulls Martha back as a man empties his slop bucket from an upstairs window. "Gardez l'eau!" The man shouts to us from the window, "Somewhere before the invention of the toilet. Sorry about that." Theta winced as I gagged a little and shook my head. "I've seen worse. I've worked the late night shift A+E. But are we safe? I mean, can we move around and stuff?" She asked with wide eyes, Theta frowned an eyed her for a second. "Of course we can. Why do you ask?"

"It's like in the films. You step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race." Martha explained causing us to frown, I cocked my head in confusion. "Tell you what then, don't step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you?" I grunted with a raised eyebrow, "What if, I don't know, what if I kill my grandfather?" She shrugged, "Are you planning to?" I asked back, she frowned. "No."

"Well, then."

"And this is London?"

"I think so. Round about 1599."

"Oh, but hold on. Am I all right? I'm not going to get carted off as a slave, am I?"

"Why would they do that?"

"Not exactly white, in case you haven't noticed."

"I'm not even human. Just walk about like you own the place. Works for me. Besides, you'd be surprised. Elizabethan England, not so different from your time. Look over there. They've got recycling." A man shovels horse manure into a bucket, "Water cooler moment." Two men talking at a water barrel. "And the world will be consumed by flame." One of them speaks out. "Global warming. Oh, yes, and entertainment. Popular entertainment for the masses. If I'm right, we're just down the river by Southwark, right next to" Theta grabs my hand and pulls me along, Martha runs along from the south end of old London Bridge, past St Mary Ovarie - Southwark Cathedral - to a beautiful view. "Oh, yes, the Globe Theatre! Brand new. Just opened. Through, strictly speaking, it's not a globe, it's a tetradecagon. Fourteen sides. Containing the man himself."