42

{"Bet you wish you could strip me, huh my love?"}

Theta uses his sonic screwdriver on Martha's mobile phone. I still had no idea where he got one of his own, apparently it was for emergencies only. "Right, there we go. Universal roaming. Never have to worry about a signal again." I chuckled as she smiled happily, "No way. This is too mad. You're telling me I can phone anyone, anywhere in space and time on my mobile?" I nodded as Theta chuckled, "As long as you know the area code. Frequent flier's privilege. Go on, try it."

The Tardis judders, "Distress signal. Locking on. Might be a bit of" They get knocked to the floor. "Turbulence. Sorry. Come on, Martha. Let's take a look."

Lots of steam and the place is glowing red. "Distress signal transmitted." A computer speaks, "Whoa, now that is hot and I do mean you my love." I scoffed at him and nudge him causing him to chuckle and pull me into his side. "Automated distress signal transmitted." We all gasp in the heat, "Whuff, it's like a sauna in here." Martha mutters out with a frown, as she strips her jacket, "Bet you wish you could strip me, huh my love." He rolled his eyes with a chuckle, "Venting systems. Working at full pelt, trying to cool down. Wherever it is we are. Well, if you can't stand the heat." He clicks his tongue and winks.

Theta opens a bulkhead door and goes through. On the other side, it is labelled Area 30. Two men and a woman come running towards them, "Oi, you two!" One of the men shouts, causing me to get a a strange sense of déjà vu, "Get out of there!" Great it was the Satan Pit all over again. "Seal that door, now!" Another man shouts, "Who are you? What are you doing on my ship?" The women glares causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Are you police?"

"Why would we be police?"

"We got your distress signal."

"If this is a ship, why can't I hear any engines?" Theta asks with a frown as he looks around, "It went dead four minutes ago." The Captain explained, "So maybe we should stop chatting and get to Engineering. Captain." The man snapped, "Secure closure active."

"What?"

"The ship's gone mad." Another woman comes running towards them, bulkheads slamming shut behind her. "Who activated secure closure? I nearly got locked in to area twenty seven." The last bulkhead slams shut, "Who are you?" She looks at us in confusion, "He's the Doctor, she's Kate and I'm Martha. Hello." Martha gives a small wave, "Impact projection forty two minutes twenty seven seconds."

"We'll get out of this. I promise." Martha looks out of a porthole, "Doctor."

"Forty two minutes until what?" Theta asks with a frown, "Doctor! Look." Martha gaps at the sight outside, "Forty two minutes until we crash into the sun." The long, thin, but utilitarian spaceship is spinning towards a massive yellow fusion reactor. I grunt, it really is something with him, only two day since Lazarus and we are already at deaths door again. "How many crew members on board?" I turned to them with a frown, "Seven, including us." The captain told us, "We transport cargo across the galaxy. Everything's automated. We just keep the ship spaceworthy."