Army Of Ghosts

{"Why is it always the stupid people?"}

I stood staring out into space at the stars when I felt his presence behind me. "You know it's been the time you mentioned." He muttered as he wrapped his arms around my waist, making sure to place his hands on my stomach causing me to smile. "Yes, and she is going to be leaving soon. So say goodbye when you can." I spoke looking up at him with a sad smile, it almost hurt me to see him so unemotional about her. She used to be his friend but because of me he can't even stand her.

"Don't. Stop thinking stupid things." I sighed, he always knew when I was thinking this way. That was just the type of connection we had, we when became one that first night; the years after it never seemed to keep us apart.

We've been through so many ups and downs, I knew him like the back of my hand and he knew me the same way.

And now we finally had a child on the way and it was both exciting and scary. I fear it will test our limits, but I know in the end we will push through together.

"In case your wondering, she does live." I spoke causing him to nod with a small sigh, "Thanks" he muttered back, I smiled glad that he still cared even if it was just a little bit in his own way.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

The Tardis materialises in a corner of the children's playground on a bright, sunny day. Rose has a very heavy rucksack with her, "Mum, it's us! We're back!" Jackie smiled brightly at the sight of us. "Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone. You never use it!" She snips at her daughter causing me to snort, "Shut up, come here!" Rose laughs pulling her mother into a hug. Watching them, I couldn't help but place a hand on my stomach as Theta wraps his arm around my waist.

I want to be a good mother.

"You will be. I promise."

I smiled at his voice in my head as Theta tries to make his way past, making sure to have a tight hold on my hand. "Oh no, you don't. Come here!" Jackie kisses the Doctor causing me to raise an eyebrow, "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine." She pulls him into a tight hug slightly picking him up. "Just, just, just put me down!" She puts him down allowing him to wipe his mouth with a look of disgust causing me to snort.

Jackie then turns to me, pausing as she gives me a once over before smiling widely causing my eyes to widen. "Yes, you are." She confirms causing Theta to choke slightly when she elbows him in the side. I laugh and pull her into a hug, her making sure not to hug to tight. Rose hands over her rucksack, "I've got loads of washing for you. And I got you this."

A small ornate metal nick-nack, "It's from the market on this asteroid bazaar. It's made of, er, what's it called?" She asked, turning to us as Theta snooped around while I sat down on the couch, "Bazoolium." Both Theta and I answered together. "Bazoolium. When it gets cold, yeah, it means it's going to rain. When it's hot, it's going to be sunny. You can use it to tell the weather." She smiles brightly at her mother who watches her silently, "I've got a surprise for you and all."