The Next Doctor

{"I told you so!"}

{"I told you so!"}

The Tardis materializes under a nice mediaeval archway, in the falling snow. Theta steps out and smiles, turning to me before holding out his hand. I step out with a laugh, it was snowing, we walk into a busy Victorian market where sellers are calling out their wares. The policeman on the beat acknowledges Theta and I. "Good afternoon." He nods at us causing me to smile and wave back.

"Hot chestnuts. Chestnuts."

"Oh, tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy. Oh, tidings"

Theta does his Ebenezer Scrooge impression to impress me to which I laugh at him. "You there, boy. What day is this?" He asked causing the boy to look at us, "Christmas Eve, sir." He answered looking towards all three of us. "What year?" Theta asked again causing the boy to scoff. "You thick or something?" He asked causing me to snort while he looks offended, "Oi. Just answer the question." He huffed looking at us with a pout, "Year of our Lord 1851, sir." The boy finally answered causing me to grunt. "Right. Nice year. Bit dull." I shrugged.

"Doctor! Doctor!" There was a shout in the distance as I pointed in the directions of the calls, "Who, me?" He smirks before he runs towards the call with me close behind.

"Doctor!" We find a dark-skinned young woman, "Don't worry, don't worry. Stand back. What have we got here?" The large double doors in the wall move and something snarls behind it. "Ooo. Okay, I've got it. Whatever's behind that door, I think you should get out of here." He pushed her away gently as I stood close to him pulling my hood down to get a better look.

"Doctor!" I jumped slightly when the women shouted again, "No, no. I'm standing right here. Hello."

"Don't be stupid. Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor."

"Doctor who?" She looked highly irritated as I watched from the side, "Just the Doctor." She rolled her eyes at him. "Well, there can't be two of you." Another man runs up, "Where the hell have you been?" She demands angrily, she kinda reminded me of Martha. "Right then. Don't worry. Stand back. What have we got here then?"

"Hold on, hold on. Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor. Simply, the Doctor. The one, the only and the best. Rosita, give me the sonic screwdriver." He gave a charming smile not noticing me before turning to the woman, "The what?" Theta gapped in shock, "Now quickly, get back to the Tardis." He told the woman, "Back to the what?" Theta asked again, the other 'Doctor' paying no attention to us. "If you could stand back, sir. This is a job for a Time Lord." Theta looked super confused as he leaned closer to the man. "Job for a what lord?" The doors burst open and an animal with Cyberman-style head is visible. "Oh, that's different." Theta and I muttered together, "Oh, that's new." They both point their screwdrivers at it, causing me to frown as I noticed the other man's screwdriver was just a regular one. "Allons-y."