Silence In The Library

{"Who are you?"}

{"Who are you?"}

Theta had decided he wanted to take Donna to the Library, it was an ancient legend that had been around for centuries. Fay hadn't been putting up much of a fight, Donna had reluctantly agreed after heavy convincing from me seeming as she liked me better. Although things didn't exactly go as planned.

We burst through the doors, Theta grabs a book and uses it to jam the door handles so it won't open again. "Oh. Hello. Sorry to burst in on you like this. Okay if we stop here for a bit?"

"Books. People never really stop loving books." Theta smirked and winked at me cussing Donna to fake gag and push me gently with a smile on her face. We had a big library in the TARDIS with a bunch of ancient text and literature, it was practically where I lived but Theta wanted something bigger. "Fifty first century. By now you've got holovids, direct to brain downloads, fiction mist, but you need the smell. The smell of books, Donna. Deep breath." I snorted as he grabbed Fay and spun her around causing the little girl to giggle happily, she was growing like a weed. We come across a massive marble job causing me to cock my head at the sight of it. "The Library. So big it doesn't need a name. Just a great big The." Donna laughed lightly at him, "It's like a city." She mused lightly.

"It's a world. Literally, a world. The whole core of the planet is the index computer. Biggest hard drive ever. And up here, every book ever written. Whole continents of Jeffrey Archer, Bridget Jones, Monty Python's Big Red Book. Brand new editions, specially printed." We look over a balcony onto roofs below. I couldn't help but bounce Fay lightly in excitement causing my little girl to laugh enthusiastically. "We're near the equator, so this must be biographies. I love biographies." Theta spoke as he turned to us with a wide smile of his own. Gently kissing my forehead, he let Fay play with his fingers. "Yeah, very you. Always a death at the end." Donna muttered lowly, "You need a good death. Without death, there'd only be comedies. Dying gives us size." Donna picks up a book and Theta takes it from her.

"Way-a. Spoilers." He uttered out causing me to chuckle at the look on her face. "What?" She asked looking confused, "These books are from your future. You don't want to read ahead. Spoil all the surprises. Like peeking at the end." I explained to her causing her to raise an eyebrow back, "Isn't travelling with you one big spoiler?" She asked with a cock of her head, I paused making a face as I finally thought about it. Shit. "I try to keep you away from major plot developments. Which, to be honest, I seem to be very bad at, because you know what? This is the biggest library in the universe. So where is everyone? It's silent." Theta explains as we moved along before he uses his screwdriver on a nearby information screen, bringing it online. "The library?"

"The planet. The whole planet." Theta muttered looking at the screen as I adjusted Fay. "Maybe it's a Sunday." Donna suggested with a shrug, "No, I never land on Sundays. Sundays are boring." I rolled my eyes in amusement as he cooed at Fay. He only didn't like Sundays because I used to always have lessons and he couldn't ever see me. So he insisted that Sundays were bad days in his mind. I actually found it quit cute. "Well, maybe everyone's really, really quiet." Donna mused lightly, "Yeah, maybe. But they'd still show up on the system." I told her as we looked at the screen. "Doctor, why are we here? Really, why?" Donna asked raising an eyebrow at him, I immediately frowned at his reaction. "Oh, you know, just passing." I watched him refuse to make eye contact with me, his thoughts also seemed closed off. "No, seriously. It was all let's hit the beach, then suddenly we're in a library. Why?" Donna asked looking between us but Theta decided to change the topic. "Now that's interesting." He muttered lightly, "What?"