Family Of Blood

{"You know what they say, Family don't end with blood

{"You know what they say, Family don't end with blood."}

"Make your decision, Mister Smith."

"Perhaps if that human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge." Out of sight, Latimer takes the watch from his pocket, and opens it. Golden energy shimmers and the Family turn their heads quickly. "Time Lord." They hiss, "It's him!" Latimer closes the watch. Martha gets the gun off Jenny and uses her as a shield while she aims it at Baines. "All right! One more move and I shoot." I was still stuck, not wanting to endanger my child more than it already was, Theta watching me closely. He was ready to step in even if he knew he would be much help, he was human after all.

"Oh, the maid is full of fire." Baines spoke smugly, "And you can shut up!" She fires the gun at the ceiling. "Careful, Son of Mine. This is all for you so that you can live forever." Clark smirked, "Shoot you down."

"Try it. We'll die together."

"Would you really pull the trigger? Looks too scared."

"Scared and holding a gun's a good combination. Do you want to risk it?"

The family lower their guns and I return to Theta, "Doctor, get everyone out. There's a door at the side. It's over there. Go on. Do it, Mister Smith. I mean you." She gave a pointed look towards me as Joan reached for his hand. "Do what she said. Everybody out, now. Don't argue, Mister Jackson. They're mad. That's all we need to know. Susan, Miss Cooper, outside, all of you." The villagers run out, screaming. "Move yourself, boy. Back to the school, quickly." Theta pushed a couple of kids out as she looked towards me. "And you. Go on. Just shift."

"What about you?" I asked her causing her to sigh, "Mister Smith, I think you should escort your lady friend to safety, don't you?" She spoke towards John who yanked me out as I tried to stay behind to protect her.

"Mister Hicks, warn the village. Get everyone out. Latimer, get back to the school. Tell the headmaster-"

"Don't touch me. You're as bad as them." Latimer runs off leaving us confused.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Theta closes the main doors behind them, grabs the bell and starts ringing it. "What are you doing?" Martha and I asked confused, "Maybe one man can't fight them, but this school teaches us to stand together. Take arms! Take arms!" My eyes widened at the sight of him with a gun. "You can't do that!" I shouted in horror as he turns to me. "You want me to fight, don't you? Take arms! Take arms!" He shouted to the boys, "I say sir, what's the matter?" Hutchinson asked with a confused frown, "Enemy at the door, Hutchinson. Enemy at the door. Take arms!" The guns are being passed out. "You can't do this, Doctor. Mister Smith!" Martha cried out, "Redfern, maintain position over the stable yard. Faster now. That's it." He pointed away from us to put Joan in a corner.

"They're just boys. You can't ask them to fight. They don't stand a chance." I told him taking his head as he looked down at me with a sad look. "They're cadets, Kate. They are trained to defend the King and all his citizens and properties." The Headmaster enters, "What in thunder's name is this? Before I devise an excellent and endless series of punishments for each and every one of you, could someone explain very simply and immediately exactly what is going on?"