The Girl In The Fireplace

{"Down boy, I'm your only Queen

{"Down boy, I'm your only Queen."}

18th Century France, and the guests at a masked ball are running along corridors and screaming in terror. In a royal bedroom is an ornate clock with a smashed glass face. A woman stands in front of the fireplace, "We are under attack! There are creatures I don't even think they're human. We can't stop them."

"The clock is broken. They're coming."

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Listen to me. There is a man coming to Versailles. He has watched over me my whole life and he will not desert me tonight." She warned with a stern look. "What are you talking about? What man?" The king frowned at her.

"The only man and woman, save you, I have ever trusted. No, don't look like that, there's no time. You have your duties. I am your mistress. Go to your queen." Reinette calls into the fireplace, "Are you there? Can you hear me? I need you now. You promised. The clock on the mantel is broken. It is time. Doctor! Kate! Kate!"

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Three thousand years later, the Tardis materialises on a spaceship with a long central hub and two rotating sections, one larger than the other, "It's a spaceship. Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go." Mickey cheers as we look around, there are lots of bits and pieces of equipment scattered around.

"It looks kind of abandoned. Anyone on board?" Rose asked Theta with a cock of her head. Since Mickey came aboard she had been up his ass more than before an it was really starting to get to him. I somewhat found it highly amusing, "Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous. You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous."

"So, what's the date? How far we gone?" She asked again, "About three thousand years into your future, give or take." I spoke with a shrug as I looked around. Theta finds the light switch on a console, a part of the ceiling shows the stars. "Fifty first century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies."

"Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?" Rose smiled with her teeth between her tongue as she put her hand on his shoulders, "It's so realistic!" He laughed out looking back at me causing me to give a smile and nod back. "Dear me, had some cowboys in here. Got a ton of repair work going on. Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So where's all that power going?" Theta muttered as he looked at the paneling with the sonic.

"Where'd all the crew go?" I asked walking closer to him, "Good question. No life readings on board." He responded sending me a look. His dark eyes shining through his glasses as he gave me a smile. "Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag." Rose spoke from behind us trying to get Theta's attention again.