Flesh And Stone

{"Dad, I don't trust her

{"Dad, I don't trust her."}

"Up. Look up." Everyone but Theta, Fay and I struggle to their feet on an artificial surface, although the tunnel walls are the same. "Are you okay?" River asked Amelia who nodded with a frown, "What happened?" She turned to the blonde with a confused look. "We jumped." I stated with a pointed look and a shrug. "Jumped where?" She asked back, "Up. Up. Look up." She looks up at Theta's demand but still doesn't seem to get it. "Where are we?" River sighs slightly in annoyance, "Exactly where we were." I told her, "No we're not." She insisted with a growl of annoyance. I rolled my eyes as Theta reached for my hand. "Move your feet."
Theta then sonicks a circular hatch in the floor, with six inset lights around it.
"Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain." Theta groaned out loud, she flinched slightly in response. "Oh, come on, Amy, think. The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?" Our gallant heroes are standing upside down on the hull of the Byzantium.

"The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are." Theta explained to everyone who stared above us in shock. "Doctor, the statues. They look more like Angels now." We nodded together, "They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army." I explained as he got the circular hatch opens. A light goes bang. "They're taking out the lights. Look at them. Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you." Theta demands as he pulls Fay in front of him. "How?" He drops Fay  through the open hatch into a circular corridor before going in himself. He then reached up to grab for me. From Amelia's point of view, we are now standing on the side of a vertical tube. "Doctor!" She yelped in shock, "It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

"Okay, men. Go, go, go!" Theta gets to work on a control panel, "The Angels. Presumably they can jump up too?" The hatch closes behind the last man. "They're here, now. In the dark, we're finished." Theta grumbled out causing me to smack him. "Ow! Babe!" I smacked him again, this time with a laugh. A bulkhead further along the corridor starts to close. "Run!" I shout out, "This whole place is a death trap." We definitely don't make it. "No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic. Oh, just me then. What's through here?"

"Secondary flight deck." River immediately responded back, "Okay. so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?" Amelia asked, looking between us with a raised eyebrow. Fay also cocked her head up at her father for the answer. "I've thought about that." He paused, frowning at our daughter then me. "And?" Amelia invited, her eyebrows raising as she drug the word out. "And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I've thought about it. The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them. It's impossible." River turns towards him as she works on the next door. "How impossible?" She asked, "Two minutes." The outer hatch is open. "The hull is breached and the power's failing." The lights go out, an arm is silhouetted against the open hatch. "Well that certainly looks exciting." I muttered out sarcastically as one of the clerics saw it as well. "Sir, incoming." He yelled out. "Doctor? Lights." The Angel is starting to enter. Another flicker, and four are now inside and the hatch is closed behind them.