The Fires Of Pompeii

{"Hey guys, what's happening?"}

I grunted lowly taking a deep breath as I rubbed my stomach, "Easy little one." Theta frowned looking over as Donna messed with the console. "Are you alright?" He asked gently coming closer causing Donna to look up watching us silently. I gave a stiff smile, "Yeah, I'm just getting closer towards the end and she's really wanting to come out and play." I chuckled lowly as he leaned down to kiss my belly. "Don't give your mother so much trouble little one." He murmurs causing me to chuckle with a shake of my head as she immediately settles. Donna watching us with a gentle smile before he turns back towards the console. "Alrighty! Let's go!"

The Tardis has parked herself in a small curtained-off alcove. Theta, Donna and I step out into the sunshine. The streets are lined with vendors of various goods. "Ancient Rome. Well, not for them, obviously. To all intents and purposes, right now, this is brand new Rome." Theta explained as I breathed in the air with a small smile. "Oh, my God. it's, it's so Roman. This is fantastic." She smiled spinning around in circles. "Ha, ha." She laughed loudly, "I'm here, in Rome. Donna Noble in Rome. This is just weird. I mean, everyone here's dead." She started to frown looking at everyone with a sad look. "Well, don't tell them that." I muttered sarcastically with an eye roll, "Hold on a minute. That sign over there's in English." Painted on the side of a barrow is two amphorae for the price of one. "Are you having me on? Are we in Epcot?" I chuckled looking away as he gapped in shock at her accusation. "No, no, no, no. That's the Tardis translation circuits. Just makes it look like English. Speech as well. You're talking Latin right now."

"Seriously?"

"Mmm."

"I just said seriously in Latin."

"Oh, yeah."

"What if I said something in actual Latin, like veni, vidi, vici? My dad said that when he came back from football. If I said veni, vidi, vici to that lot, what would it sound like?" Donna asked spinning around to ask me causing me to chuckle while I rub my belly. "I'm not sure." I mused lightly with a smile, "You have to think of difficult questions, don't you?" Theta grumbled wrapping his arm around my waist. "I'm going to try it." Donna goes to a fruit seller, "Afternoon, sweetheart. What can I get you, my love?" We watched silently with smiles as she paused looking back at us for just a second before speaking up. "Er, veni, vidi, vici." The man paused staring at her confused, "Huh? Sorry? Me no speak Celtic. No can do, missy."

"Yeah." She walks away, "How's he mean, Celtic?" She asked us as she walked up causing me to laugh, "Welsh. You sound Welsh. There we are. Learnt something." I explained with a shrug. "Don't our clothes look a bit odd?" Donna asked as we continued onwards, "Nah. Ancient Rome, anything goes. It's like Soho, but bigger." Theta shrugged causing me to chuckle and shake my head, he did have some what of a point but most of the time it was just easier to dress for the times. "You've been here before then?" Donna asked us, "Mmm. Ages ago. Before you ask, that fire had nothing to do with me. Well, a little bit. But I haven't got the chance to look around properly. Coliseum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus. You'd expect them to be looming by now. Where is everything? Try this way."