Human Nature

{"And you best mind your position, flirting with a married man!"}

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

The Doctor, Kate and Martha run into the Tardis, closely followed by a blast from an energy weapon. "Get down!"
Bang! The Doctor slams the door shut, "Did they see you?" The Doctor asked as he gripped Kate's shoulders, she immediately shook her head no. "I don't know." Martha stated out of breath, "But did they see you?" Kate asked turning to her. "I don't know. I was too busy running." She snapped back in slight irritation, "Martha, it's important. Did they see your face?"

"No, they couldn't have."

"Off we go!" He sets the Tardis in motion, "Argh! They're following us." Kate immediately moved to help him control their flight. "How can they do that? You've got a time machine." Martha spoke making a point in confusion. "Stolen technology. They've got a Time Agent's vortex manipulator. They can follow us wherever we go, right across the universe. They're never going to stop, unless. I'll have to do it. Martha, you trust me, don't you?"

"Of course I do."

"Because it all depends on you."

"What does? What am I supposed to do?" He holds out an ornately decorated pocket watch. Kate immediately starts shaking her head in slight panic and denial. "Take this watch, because my life depends on it. This watch, Martha. The watch is-"

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

The Doctor is lying on a bed in an old-fashioned wood panelled room. A clock is ticking, he turns to face a picture. The familiar beautiful face staring back at him with a bright smile. She was in his dreams just as she was in his heart. He just missed her so much, after coming here two months ago all he wanted to do was hold her close. He couldn't though, there are voices in the corridor outside. He gets up, and there is a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Martha enters, carrying a breakfast tray and wearing maid's uniform complete with little cap. She turns her back when she sees he isn't fully dressed. "Pardon me, Mister Smith. You're not dressed yet. I can come back later." He puts on a dressing gown, "No, it's all right, it's all right. Put it down. I was er. Sorry, sorry. Sometimes I have these extraordinary dreams." Martha puts the tray down on a table by the leather settee and draws the curtains. "What about, sir?"

"I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called." He paused, "Kate was there too, like a wonderful distant memory. Sometimes I wish she was here with me, And last night I dreamt that you were there, as my companion." Martha nodded with a small smile, "A teacher and a housemaid, sir? That's impossible. Besides she will be here sooner than you think, you know the madam just needed to tie up some loose ends back home." He nodded with a happy smile as he thought out the women he loved.