The Satan Pit

{"You are and always will be, my Hero

{"You are and always will be, my Hero."}

"Open fire!" Jefferson and the guard start shooting at the Ood. "We're stabilizing." The overhead shutters close, "We've got orbit."

Rose runs back to the comm, causing me to roll my eyes. "Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me? Doctor, Ida, are you there?"

'Open door 25.'

Jefferson and the guard prepare to shoot, "It's me! But they're coming."

'Close door 25.'

"It's the Ood. They've gone mad." Danny panicked, "How many of them?" I asked quickly, "All of them! All fifty!" Danny shouted back causing Jefferson to shout into the comm, "Danny, out of the way. Out of the way!"

"But they're armed! It's the interface device. I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon."

'Open door 25.'

Jefferson opens the door. The leading Ood sticks its globe onto the guard's forehead. She screams and dies as Jefferson starts shooting.

'Close door 1.'

Zach sees Ood coming towards him.

'Open door 1. Close door 1.'

"Lock down. Seal door 1."

'Lock down. Door 1.'

"Seal door 24. Seal door 23."

"Jefferson, what's happening there?"

"I've got very little ammunition, sir. How about you?"

"All I've got is a bolt gun. With er, all of one bolt. I could take out a grand total of one Ood. Fat lot of good that is."

"Given the emergency, I recommend strategy nine."

"Strategy Nine. Agreed. Right, we need to get everyone together. Rose? What about Ida and the Doctor? Any word?" Zach asked as he turned to Rose who shook her head with tears in her eyes. "I can't get a reply. Just nothing. I keep trying, but it's" His voice finally came through in static, "No, sorry, I'm fine. Still here." He finally responded causing her to sigh in relief as he connected our eyes again, "You could've said, you stupid." I watched her with a frown. For someone who claims to love him so much, she didn't have much trust in him to be safe. Then again I'm also connected to him so I would know if he was hurt or dead unlike her.

He spoke through the feedback, "Whoa. Careful! Anyway, it's both of us. Me and Ida. Hello. But the seal opened up. It's gone. All we've got left is this chasm." He explained, "How deep is it?" Zach asked over his comm, "Can't tell. It looks like it goes down forever." Theta explains over the comm, I could practically feel his curiosity as it continued to rise.
"The pit is open. That's what the voice said." I spoke snatching the comm from Rose causing her to glare as I moved away from her so she couldn't snatch it back.