Blink

{"I blinked

{"I blinked. I totally blinked."}

On a dark wet night, two months later a woman climbs over a lovely set of wrought iron gates with a Danger Keep Out Unsafe Structure London County Council notice on them and goes up the gravel driveway to the big house. She breaks in through a boarded up window and takes photographs of the plastic covered chandeliers resting on the floors, and other pieces of furniture.

Then she notices the letter B peeking from underneath a piece of peeling wallpaper. She pulls at it to reveal the words 'Beware the weeping angel.' Underneath that is 'Oh, and duck! Really, duck! Sally Sparrow duck, now.' So she ducks just before the window behind her is broken by a thrown pot, which bounces off the wall and breaks on the floor. The light of her torch reveals a statue outside, a winged angel with its hands covering its face. She goes back to the wall and pulls off more paper to reveal - Love from the Doctor (1969)

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

"Kathy?" The Doctor is on a monitor screen in a room at the far end. "Yet. They're coming. They're coming for you, but listen, your life could depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck." There are lots of screens in the room with the image of the Doctor on them, and one with him and Martha, A final one with him and Kate.

The mobile phone by the bed rings. "Hello?" Her friend speaks through the phone, "Bit freaked. Need to talk. Making you a coffee." Sally chuckled lowly, "Sally Sparrow, it's one in the morning. Do you think I'm coming round at one in the morning?" Her friend asked, "No. I'm in the kitchen. What's that on all those screens in your front room?"

"Oh, God. Oh, God. Sally, you've met my brother Larry, haven't you?"

"No."

"You're about to."

The door opens and a man, who is naked at least down to three inches below his navel appears. "Okay. Not sure, but really, really hoping. Pants?" She gave a stiff smile towards him, "No." Kathy closes her phone, grabs her dressing gown and runs out of the bedroom. "Put them on! Put them on! I hate you! What're you thinking?" Larry drifts away, "Sorry. My useless brother. Sally? What's wrong? What's happened?"

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

I rolled my eyes at the sound of Theta banging and clanging around in the other room. He had been so bored, he'd taken apart almost every instrument or device in the apartment and reassembled it. It had been two months since we got trapped, and because we had to wait for Sally he got bored.

Martha ended up getting a part time job while I was told to stay put because I was pregnant. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm an invalid!

It's just a long awaited story.