Midnight

{"There's my babygirl!"}

On a glittering alien world, an attendant brings a telephone to Donna. She is lounging by the pool, wearing a bathrobe. Beside her in a covered bassinet is baby Fay, sound asleep. "I said, no." Donna uttered out in a loud yet annoyed tone with the man on the other side. "Sapphire waterfall. It's a waterfall made of sapphires. This enormous jewel, the size of a glacier Reaches the Cliffs of Oblivion, and then shatters into sapphires at the edge. They fall a hundred thousand feet into a crystal ravine." I smirked as I watched him rant, he wanted to take us on a nice vacation after what happened with River. I had been in the dumps for a bit, wondering about the women and how she knew us. Theta had decided to forget all about her and move on with his life, he didn't like her, didn't trust her, so he wanted to forget her.

He said he wanted to treat me with a date since we hadn't been on one in so long. Although with Donna it wasn't exactly a date, so Donna decided to take Fay and watch her for us so we can have time to ourselves. That was two days ago, we've been on a nice spa planet called midnight. It was a planet of jewels, Donna had been with Fay the whole time while Theta and I spent our days together. The first was spent in bed, it had been a minute since we've don't nothing but have sex all day. It was quite refreshing. The second day, we went exploring, and had a spa day of our own. An today was the last day, so Theta wanted to get Donna to come along with us. Apparently, she had booked her own spa day though, "I bet you say that to all the girls." Donna teased from the other side of the phone.

"Just Kate. Oh, come on. They're boarding now. It's no fun if I see it on me own. Four hours, that's all it takes." I could practically hear her eyes rolling, "No, that's four hours there and four hours back. That's like a school trip. I'd rather go sunbathing, besides Fays comfortable. So stop worrying Kate." I blushed and looked away, she knew me to well. "You be careful, that's Xtonic sunlight." Theta warned her, mostly for our child. "Oh, We're safe. It says in the brochure this glass is fifteen feet thick. Besides Fay has a cover over her bassinet, so the light isn't even touching her." Theta sighed when I patted him on the shoulder, the shuttle was about to leave. "All right, I give up. We'll be back for dinner. We'll try that anti-gravity restaurant. With bibs." He smiled down at me, holding his hand out for me to grab. "That's a date. Well, not a date. Oh, you know what I mean. Oh, get off."

"See you later."

"Oi. And you be careful, all right?"

"Nah. Taking a big space truck with a bunch of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight? What could possibly go wrong?" He hangs the phone up and I sigh, "You know every time you say that, something always goes wrong." He paused thinking about it for a second before shrugging, "Guess it's a good thing I have my good luck charm." He leans down to kiss me, I hummed gently against his lips. "Thank you." I mutter as he pulls away, both of us heading towards the shuttle. "For what?" He asked looking down at me. "Just being you. For loving me." He smiled again, "Always."