The End Of Time #1

{"So this is the end of the line, huh?"}

"It is said that in the final days of planet Earth, everyone had bad dreams. To the west of the north of that world, the human race did gather, in the celebration of a pagan rite to banish the cold and the dark. Each and every one of those people had dreamt of the terrible things to come. But they forgot, because they must. They forgot their nightmares of fire and war and insanity. They forgot. Except for one."

Christmas time.

The Tardis materializes in the snowy landscape, and Theta steps out wearing a stetson and a lei. I follow close behind him, dressed in my normal outfit and a long winter coat. Fay had been dropped off with Martha and Mickey both freshly married. Fay argued a bit, saying she wanted to be with us but I told her that she could join us at the very end. So she could say goodbye to us, these versions at least. Ood Sigma is waiting for us, Theta immediately frowns at the sight of it. "Ah! Now, sorry. There you are. So, where were we? We were summoned, weren't we? An Ood in the snow, calling to us. Well, I didn't exactly come straight here. Had a bit of fun, you know. Travelled about, did this and that. Got into trouble. You know me. It was brilliant. I saw the Phosphorous Carousel of the Great Magellan Gestadt, saved a planet from the Red Carnivorous Maw, named a galaxy Alison. Got married. That was a dream. Spent forty five years with our daughter, she's gotten big. Blonde. Like her mother. God, I love her mother. Kate, I love you. Ahem. Anyway, what do you want?" I shook my head with a small laugh at his rant.

"You should not have delayed." Sigma cocked its head at us as it looked between the two of us. "The last time I was here you said my song would be ending soon, and I'm in no hurry for that." Theta shrugged nonchalantly, "You will come with me." Sigma turned around to walk away. "Hold on. Better lock the Tardis." Theta points a remote key at the Tardis. The door locks and the light flashes at it beeps causing me to shake my head with an eye roll. "See? Like a car. I locked it like a car. Like. It's funny. No? Little bit? Blimey, try to make an Ood laugh. So how old are you now, Ood Sigma? Ah." He sees the Ood city as we make our way over the ridge. "Magnificent. Oh, come on, that is splendid. You've achieved all this in how long?" He turned to Sigma who paused, "One hundred years." It responded back causing Theta and I to nod with a hum. "Then we've got a problem. Because all of this is way too fast. Not just the city, I mean your ability to call me. Reaching all the way back to the twenty first century. Something's accelerating your species way beyond normal."

"And the Mind of the Ood is troubled." Sigma spoke turning to face us and stare us down. "Why, what's happened?" I asked looking at it concerned, "Every night, Doctor, every night we have bad dreams." Theta and I shoot each other a look, Ood didn't dream. They weren't made to dream. We quickly rush after Sigma who had started moving once more. We enter an ice cave, where more Ood were sitting in a circle. "Returning, returning, returning, it is slowly returning through the dark and the fire and the blood. Always returning, returning to this world. It is returning, and he is returning, and they are returning, but too late. Too late. Far too late. He has come." The Elder Ood slowly looked up at us, "Sit with the Elder of the Ood and share the dreaming." Sigma moved around, "So. Right. Hallo." Theta waved awkwardly before he grabbed my hand and moved to sit me down beside him. "You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join."