The Impossible Planet

{"I don't believe in the devil

{"I don't believe in the devil."}

The Tardis materialises in a very tight space, "I don't know what's wrong though. She's sort of queasy. Indigestion, like she didn't want to land." Theta frowned as he stepped out, holding a hand out to give to me as Rose pushed her way out. "Oh, if you think there's going to be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else." I frowned as I looked around the room, this place; I couldn't sense anything from it. It was like I was being blocked from everything.

What the hell was going on here?

She lets out a laugh thinking that he would join her but he just cleared his throat awkwardly. "I think we've landed inside a cupboard. Here we go."

'Open door 15.'

"Some sort of base. Moon base, sea base, space base. They build these things out of kits."

'Close door 15.'

"Glad we're indoors. sounds like a storm out there."

'Open door 16.'

"Human design. You've got a thing about kits. This place was put together like a flat pack wardrobe, only bigger. And easier."

Three steps down into an area with tables and chairs. There is a big 3 on the wall.

'Open door 17.'

"Oh, it's a sanctuary base."

'Close door 17.'

"Deep Space exploration. We've gone way out. And listen to that, underneath. Someone's drilling." Theta looked up at the walls, listening to the sound as I spot words written on the wall. "Welcome to hell." I mumbled out with a frown, Theta turned to me with a jutted lip. "Oh, it's not that bad." His voice raised slightly as he frowned. "No, over there." I pointed with a little laugh. The words are painted on the wall in big block letters, and a vertical alien script underneath.

"Hold on, what does that say? That's weird, it won't translate."

"But I thought the Tardis translated everything, writing as well. We should see English." Rose frowned in thought staring at the wall before urning to Theta, "Exactly. If that's not working, then it means this writing is old. Very old. Impossibly old. We should find out who's in charge." He starts to spin the wheel on another bulkhead door.

"We've gone beyond the reach of the Tardis' knowledge. Not a good move. And if someone's lucky enough." I started as we looked around.

'Open door 19.'

Aliens with tentacles where our noses and mouths are, are standing outside the door. They all have a tube going in behind the tentacles, and carry a white globe in their right hands which they use for communication, just like the Gaim in Babylon 5. "Oh! Right. Hello. Sorry. I was just saying, er, nice base."