Cold Blood

{"Why do all the people I bond with leave?"}

This is the story of our planet, Earth. Of the day a thousand years past when we came to share it with a race know as Humanity. It is the story of the Doctor and Kate, who helped our races find common ground, and the terrible losses they suffered. It is the story of our past and must never be forgotten.

Theta, Nasreen and I are now making our way to another tunnel like cavern, crossing through a huge dome filled with life. Plant life, "This place is enormous and deserted. The majority of the race are probably still asleep. We need to find Amy. Looking for heat signature anomalies." Theta stated as he scanned the area with his sonic. "But Doctor, how can all this be here? I mean, these plants." Nasreen asked in awe as we managed to reach the other cavern. "Must be getting closer to the centre of the city." I spoke up, "You're sure this is the best way to enter?" She asked looking between the two of us. "Front door approach. Definitely. Always the best way." Alarms sound, I shot Theta a pointed look at his wince. "Hostile life forms detected area seventeen." A automatic voice message was sounded throughout the cavern.

"Apart from the back door approach. That's also good. Sometimes better." Theta turns to leave, Nasreen and I pausing at the sight of the doors opening. We are suddenly surrounded, from the front and back. Theta immediately turns to me, "Shield. Now." He snapped, I went to argue but he gives me a stern look causing me to shut up and put my shield up over myself. "Doctor." Nasreen uttered out in horror, "We're not hostile. We're not armed. We're here in peace. A warrior steps forward and gasses us with its weapon.

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

Ambrose is still holding Elliot's headphones, "Ambrose." Rory spoke up as he walked up behind her. "You lied. You told us you were the police." She hissed in anger, standing up causing Rory to sigh. "It was a misunderstanding." She automatically assumed he was an officer, he never actually confirmed it. "Who are you? You, Kate, Fay and the Doctor? Why is this happening to us? What did we ever do?" She asked as she began to pace back and forth. "The Doctor'll get your son back, I promise. Kate will keep him safe. In the meantime, we take turns guarding the creature." She scoffed with a shake of her head. "Oh, so that's it? We just sit and wait." She snipped back in annoyance, "And then we exchange her for your family. I promise you, Ambrose, I trust Kate with my life. We stick to their plan. We keep that creature safe."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

I woke up to the sound of Theta screaming, looking over at my love I see he is being scanned, and it's hurting him. "Argh." I glare in anger as my eyes glowed, his machine began to fizz and smoke. The lizards jump back as they rush around trying to figure out what was happening. Theta let out a breath as he looked at me, his head leaning towards me with a small smile. I gave him a smile back, he mouthed a small thank you before his body relaxed and he passed out. "How can they have escaped? This proves all prisoners should remain under military guard." A female lizard hissed in anger as she smacked the doctor lizard. I watched as he hissed in pain from touching the very hot machine. "I'm sure you'd prefer to be in charge of everything and everyone, Restac, but we rank the same. Is there any word from Alaya?" I immediately perked up, "No." The female grumbled back in anger. "It's fine to show concern, you know. She's part of your gene-chain. Now, do you mind? I'm trying to fix my computer!" He growled at her in annoyance, she scoffed and moved out of the room.