Turn Left

{"Where is she? Where am I? Help Me!"}

Pagodas and flying cars above small wind turbines. Down in the streets, lots of banners with Chinese symbols on them. Theta hands Donna a mug of foaming drink, before handing me one as well while I held Fay with a smile in thanks. "Oh, ho, ho."

"I'd rather have a water."

"You are going to love it. One, two, three!"

"Lovely!"

We carry on through the market, "You want to buy shukina? Or peshmoni? Most beautiful peshmoni in all of Shan Shen?" A women tries to sell to us, "Er, no thanks." Theta is haggling with another stall holder, with Fay after I passed her over so Donna and I  explore on our own. A young woman in a black and gold robe calls to Donna. "Tell your fortune, lady. The future predicted. Your life foretold." Donna shakes her head and looks towards me causing me to shrug. "Oh, no thanks."

"Don't you want to know if you're going to be happy?" She refused to make eye contact, causing me to raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "I'm happy right now, thanks." Donna uttered out, turning to leave only for the woman to panic. That caused me to glare, "You got red hair. The reading's free for red hair." Donna looked towards me, I nodded back at her. If this woman was up to anything I'll be right there with her. "All right, then." The young woman looks at Donna's palms. "Oh, you fascinating. No, but you good. I can see a man. The most remarkable couple. How did you meet them?" I watched as she finally looked up at me. I was standing behind them, feeling more like a guard. "You're supposed to tell me." Donna uttered our with a raised eyebrow and a pointed look. "I see the future. Tell me the past. When did your lives cross?" I cocked my head with a frown, "It's sort of complicated. I ended up in a spaceship on my wedding day. Long story." Donna laughed gently, "But what led you to that meeting?" I rolled my eyes at the woman. "All sorts of things. But my job, I suppose. It was on Earth, this planet called Earth, miles away. But I had this job as a temp. I was a secretary at a place called HC Clements." Donna has an intense flashback. It makes her sway. "Oh. Sorry." She uttered out as I rushed forward to sit her up. She smiles at me with a nod as I finally sit next to her.

"It's the incense. Just breathe deep. This job of yours. What choices led you there?"

"There was a choice, six months before, because the Agency offered me this contract with HC Clements but there was this other job. My mum knew this man."

"Your life could have gone one way or the other. What made you decide?"

"I just did."

I tensed with a frown as I turned back, my eyes scanning the floor but I couldn't see anything. I slowly turned to face the fortune teller who wasn't even paying attention to me. "But when was the moment? When did you choose?" I frowned as Donna closed her eyes, "Donna." I started, giving a frown towards her.

Donna is at a junction, waiting to turn onto the main road.

"You turned left. But what if you turned right? What then?" Suddenly Donna opened her eyes in terror, "Let go of my hands." I slapped on of my hands on the fortune tellers with a fierce glare but she wouldn't stop. "What if it changes? What if you go right? What if you could still go right?" The wind picks up as my eyes started to glow. A golden chain appeared in the air, the fortune tellers eyes widened as she panicked but didn't let go. The golden chain was mine, an it slithered it's way around the three of us. I wasn't going to let this women get away with this. "Stop it." I snarled, something jumps onto Donna's back. "What's that? What's on my back? What is it? What, what's on my back, Kate?" I shook my head, my eyes glowing a red and gold. "I can't see it yet." I shouted back in my own panic. What the hell was this women doing?!