The Hungry Earth

{"I've read about your species, but seeing you is way better

{"I've read about your species, but seeing you is way better."}

The Tardis has landed and Theta shoots outside with Fay. "Behold, Rio." Amy, Rory and I step out behind them; closing the door behind me. "Nah." Amy starts as I turn forwards, "Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe." Theta moves forwards, putting Fay down and immediately grabs her hand. "No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" He jumps up and down, Fay doing the same. I frown, feeling it to as I come to stand in between Amy and Rory. "Ground feels strange. Just me. Wait. That's weird." He spins to face me with a frown, I nod back in response. "What's weird?" Rory asked with a cock of his head, looking towards me. "Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place." He takes off behind the TARDIS, "Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here." He begins to pull at the weird colored grass as Fay comes to stand by me.

We all moved to stand by him, "Doctor. You listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach." She complained, "Blue grass. Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot." He grumbled giving a piece of grass to Fay who looks at it super confused. I let out an amused snort, "Why are those people waving at us?" Two figures on the other side of the valley. "Can't be."Rory starts to wave back, Amy slaps his hand down. "Don't." Theta uses a pair of binoculars and he raises an eyebrow. He hands them to me, I immediately look through as well. "It is. It's you two." I stated with a surprised look, "No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory asked with a frown, Fay giggled as she took his hand. "Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic." Theta grunts out with an eye roll, "We're still together in ten years?" Amy asked causing Rory to look offended. "No need to sound so surprised." He snipped back, she smiled at him.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" She laughs, Theta frowns with a shake of his head. "Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and...." He paused, spotting something in the distance. "Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing." Amy groans as Theta smiles at me excitedly. I shook my head with a small laugh, of course we were gonna go take a look. "We're not going to have a look, are we?" Amy asked with a sigh, "Let's go and have a look. Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing." My hand is grabbing and I'm suddenly pulled down a hill excitedly by the crazy man I love.

Fay giggles from behind us, Theta slowing down to make sure our baby was with us. Just as we hit the bottom of the hill, Amy comes bouncing down as well. "Doctor. Kate." It takes a few minutes but we finally make it to the gates of the mining thing. I hold Fay's hand as we follow after him, "Restricted access. No unauthorised personnel. Hmm." He leans against the gate with a cocky look, he shoot me a wink before he sonics the lock. "That is breaking and entering." Amy raises an eyebrow at us as Fay laughs. "What did I break? Sonicing and entering. Totally different." He allows us to enter first, "Come on, then." I turn to see him looking back in the direction of the TARDIS. "You're sure Rory'll catch us up?" She was already to far away.