Chapter 2

-

I looked up at Rick who stepped away from me and lowered his pistol for the second time.

"Keep her here." Rick ordered Hershel as he left the cell.

I remained silent and watched as Hershel moved the chair to the center of the room.

"He's having a hard time right now." Hershel stated.

"I just wanted to warn. I don't care if any of you believe me or not." I replied.

"His wife died a week ago giving birth." He whispered. My eyes slightly widened and I immediately felt the familiar pit in my stomach.

"The baby?" I inquired.

"She's alive and well." He replied. I sighed and put my head down. I know Rick's pain all too well.

"Got any family at Woodbury?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"No." I answered, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You mentioned your family.. what happened?" He asked.

"My husband and son died ten months ago.. the community turned against each other and uh, yeah." I answered, glancing around the cell.

"I hate to hear that." He replied. I nodded my head and quickly blinked the tears away.

"What about you?" I inquired.

"Everyone here is my family, but besides them, my actual daughters Maggie and Beth are here with me too." He replied.

"You are blessed." I replied. He nodded his head and gave me a small smile.

"Can you un-cuff me?" I asked, holding up my cuffed wrist.

"I can't do that, I'm afraid." He replied.

"I understand." I watched as he left the cell and closed the door behind him before locking it with a key too.

"How long will I be here?" I inquired.

"Not sure." He replied. I nodded my head and slowly leaned back against the wall.

I knew these people wouldn't trust me, I wouldn't trust me either. I was actually kinda hoping Rick would've ended it all for me. I didn't care what could've happened to me when I came here.

At all.

-

"Hi."

I jumped and looked up, finding a young boy with a sheriff hat.

"Hi." I replied.

"What happened to your leg?" He inquired.

"I got shot. Well, it grazed me but I lost a decent amount of blood." I answered.

"What happened to your face?" He questioned.

"Bad guy hit me." I replied.

"How do I know he's a bad guy? What if you're the bad guy and the other guy was just protecting himself?" He inquired.

"You have a good thought process." I stated.