Chapter 8

pictured above (if you don't remember or know her character in the show): Tara Chambler
-

I slowly walked into the bedroom behind Brian, nearly shaking out of my boots as I closed the door behind us.

"They deserved it." He muttered.

I remained quiet and sat down on the chair to take my boots off.

"They deserved it!" He yelled, pushing everything off of his dresser.

I shook as I stood up from the chair, completely sick at this point. I watched as he walked into the bathroom after gathering his clothes for a shower.

"Son of a.." I muttered, holding a hand to my forehead as I paced the bedroom.

I jumped, hearing several knocks from downstairs at the front door.

"What?" I asked, opening the front door to find a troubled Martinez.

"We have a problem." He answered.

"What now?" I inquired.

"Where's Brian?" He interrogated.

"Shower. I wouldn't bother him right now." I replied as he pushed by me.

"We're missing forty-seven citizens." He stated.

"What?" I asked, shutting the front door.

"And you have a problem yourself." He spat, storming over to me.

"Okay?" I asked.

"I saw Rick. I saw him with my own fucking eyes, Jess. I saw him slash the tire." He snapped, pushing a finger into my collar bone.

"Yeah and I won the lottery." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"This isn't a joke." He hissed.

"No shit." I replied.

"What are you going to do when Brian finds out? Huh?" He whispered.

"What drugs are you on?" I inquired, crossing my arms.

"You're lucky I'm not telling anyone." He replied, shaking his head as he made his way to the stairs.

"Why won't you?" I asked.

"Because you're the only one left with a little bit of sense." He whispered, tapping the side of his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows and watched as he looked up at the ceiling before looking back to me.

"What do you mean we're missing forty-seven citizens?" I asked, stepping up on the stairs so I was somewhat eye level with him.

"They're not missing. They're at the prison." He answered. My eyes slightly widened but I also felt a sense of relief knowing most of the people here were now safe. At least until Brian decides to blow.

"Don't tell him. At least not right now." I ordered.

"What's your deal?" He asked.