Chapter 123

tw: domestic violence, assault

-

"Night." Maggie told me while heading to the stairs.

"Night." I mumbled while standing up from the couch to head outside.

After not being able to get Negan off of my mind, I decided to go see him.

I slowly walked up the porch steps of Negan's house before letting myself in and closing the door behind me.

After stepping into the hallway, I quickly stopped in my tracks after hearing a mattress squeaking.

"Fuck, yes!" A woman moaned, causing my heart to drop to my toes.

I tried to move my feet and couldn't as I continued to hear moans and skin clapping against skin.

"Oh, Negan!" She screamed louder, immediately making me realize it was Gina, one of the older ladies he had fooled around with before me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and peeled my feet off of the floor before forcing myself to the front door.

I was stupid to trust him. I was stupid to allow him in and allow myself to fall for him. I was stupid to think he cared.

"Fuck! Yes! Yes!" Gina yelled while something slammed against the wall.

"Shut the hell up!" Tara yelled while banging her fist on the wall in the hallway.

I blinked away tears while hearing laughter from Negan's bedroom while Tara entered the living room where I was still standing frozen.

"Uhh, Jess?" She asked with wide eyes.

I blinked rapidly and got rid of the tears before hearing a door squeak open.

"Sorry, Tara." Gina giggled after entering the room.

I looked away from her after feeling a wave of anger after seeing her skin shiny with sweat and red marks on her neck and chest.

My eyes narrowed as another woman entered the hall with her head down as she approached me and Tara.

"Gross." Tara muttered while entering the kitchen.

I stormed down the hall, feeling disgusted and angry as everything soaked in. I quietly walked into his room, finding him standing with his back facing me.

"Am I just a joke to you?" I asked as he drank from a bottle of whiskey.

I watched as he sat the bottle down and turned to face me with bloodshot eyes.

"What?" He slurred while scanning my body.

"What do you mean 'what'?" I snapped while furrowing my eyebrows.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked while I stepped forward.

I took another look at him and sent my hand flying across his cheek.

"You!" I yelled, almost in disbelief that he didn't know why I was upset.

"You lied to me." I spat while shoving him back.

"No." He answered while narrowing his eyes.

"I trusted you." I sneered while looking up into his eyes with a newfound hatred for him.

"Are you mad I didn't invite you for a threesome?" He asked while smirking.

I laughed dryly and shook my head while glancing to the disheveled sheets on the bed.

"Did you lie about your wife, too?" I asked. I immediately found myself against the wall with his hand wrapped tightly around my throat.

I wrapped my hands around his wrist in an attempt to pull him off of me so I could breathe. He looked me in the eyes and I couldn't recognize who was staring at me.