Chapter 130

-

"Robert, I can't say I'm surprised." I told him as he sat down across from me.

Robert is the biggest asshole on my block. Never has a good thing to say about anyone, always scolding his wife, and always acts like he's been sucking on a fucking lemon.

"It was self defense. She attacked me." He stated. I looked to his white beard before looking down at the file on the table in front of me.

"Really?" I questioned while tilting my head to the side.

"She tried to stab me." He replied while avoiding eye contact with me.

"And why would she do that?" I asked.

"Go ask her." He snapped while resting his handcuffed wrists on the table.

"Don't lie to me." I spat while narrowing my eyes.

"Don't waste your time, darling. I plead not guilty. Send it to jury." He demanded while sitting back in his chair.

"Robert, we have a witness and a victim's report. You can't plead not guilty." I replied while furrowing my eyebrows.

"I plead not guilty." He spat.

"And when you're proven to the jury that you are? Then what?" I asked, already finished with our conversation as my anger was already at a boiling point from just looking at him.

"Then I guess I'll fuckin' die." He snapped.

"You're gonna die either way." I stated while standing up from my chair.

"What?" He asked while looking up at me.

"If you're proven guilty, which you won't be, I'll kill you anyway." I answered while closing the folder.

"Ah... I know why you took this case and not Carol." He replied while smirking.

"Tell me." I ordered.

"You're still suffering from what that man did to you, so you're taking it out on me." He stated. "Taking it out on someone who is innocent!" He yelled, growing angry.

"No. I'm defending an ill woman who has been through Hell her entire life—caused by you." I spat while slinging my chair under the table.

"You don't know her. You only know what you've heard. You don't know me either." He sneered while glaring at me.

"I know enough and I know you're lying. Everyone knows you're lying. You're just making this harder on yourself. And that's fine. Prolong your agony." I snapped while studying his scowling face.

"We're done here today. Thank you." I told Lillian as I left the interrogation room.

"Let me know if you need anything else, Tolliver." Lillian told me as I walked by her.

I nearly stopped walking from her reply. No one calls me that. No one has ever called me that except for Negan.

"You bitch!" Robert yelled as the door closed behind me. I clenched my jaw and walked down the hall to the stairs, feeling clouded with different emotions.

Once to the stairs, I inhaled a deep breath before exhaling as I walked down to the main floor. I walked down the hall to the lobby before peeking into the conference room, finding they were still having a meeting.

I entered in and closed the door behind me before returning to the table.

"How'd it go?" Glenn asked as I tossed the file down on the table.

"He's pleading not guilty." I answered while looking to Rick.

"Seriously?" Glenn asked.

"He's proven guilty as it is. Can he even do that?" Carol asked Rick.