Chapter 81

-

"I don't like them." I told Negan while Maggie interviewed Nick.

"The kid's fine. Ray's a bitch, Barry's a dumbass." Negan stated while glancing over to Ray and Barry who stood by Glenn.

"You think they're telling the truth about White Oak?" I inquired, looking back to Negan.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask your husband when he gets tired of Lana and comes crawling back to you again. You know, for like the third time." He replied, a small smirk crossing his lips.

"Very funny." I scoffed.

"It wasn't a joke, but thank you." He replied, smiling.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms while watching Maggie smile while she spoke to Nick.

Must be nice to have patience.

"Lighten up, Tolliver!" He replied while nudging my arm with his elbow.

"It's Grimes." I corrected.

"Nah. Grimes are pussies. You, my friend, are not a pussy. You have one, but you aren't one. I can confirm— by the way." He replied, continuing to smirk.

My jaw dropped at his remark and I quickly shut my mouth before turning my head away.

"Rick isn't a pussy." I hissed, turning back to him.

"Is to." He replied.

"Fuck you." I ordered while clenching my jaw.

"Sweetheart, I have a question." Ray stated while approaching me with Glenn on his heels.

"Okay?" I replied, crossing my arms.

"Tell me— are all the women here as pretty as you and sweet cheeks over there?" Ray asked, smirking as he pointed to Maggie.

"Hey, sweet cheeks is mine." Glenn snapped.

"Yes, they are. In fact, they're all too damn pretty for you." I answered, watching as his smirk faded.

"Damn. Feisty, sassy, beautiful, and sexy all rolled into one. Your ole man right here sure is lucky. Bet he dips into you every chance he gets— I know I would." He replied, licking his dry lips before nodding to Negan.

Before I could swing my fist, Negan forced his fist into Ray's jaw, laying him out on the ground.

"You have to ignore him, please!" Barry pleaded, a concerned look on his face.

Negan quickly put his foot between Ray's shoulder blades, forcing him back down onto the dirt before kneeling down and grabbing ahold of his shirt collar.

"Take it easy, man. You gotta understand I ain't seen a pretty woman in months. I can't control myself!" Ray exclaimed.

"No worries, I'll control you. You ever speak to her or any other woman here like that again, I'll make sure you never beat one off again." Negan spat while glaring into Ray's eyes.

I rubbed my lips together while watching the exchange between the two.

"Understand me?" Negan asked, jerking his head back up.

"Fuck you." Ray sneered as blood poured down from his nose.

Negan slammed Ray's face back into the ground before lifting his head back up by his hair.

"Do you understand me?!" Negan yelled.

"I understand, I understand!" Ray cried.

"Any more bullshit with him and you're all gone." I snapped, looking to Barry.