Chapter 120

-

"Get off of her now." Negan demanded while I watched his footsteps circle the truck.

My heart pounded inside of my chest as I realized he had the old man held hostage while he approached me and my captor.

"Get off of her, Hale!" The old man yelled.

"Shit." The young man cussed while quickly climbing off of me. I quickly rolled onto my back and buttoned my jeans while standing up from the ground.

"Give her the rifle and put your hands up." Negan ordered while holding a knife to the old man's throat while pressing a pistol against his temple with his other hand.

Hale quickly handed over my rifle and held his hands up in response to Negan's demands.

"She your girl? I'm sorry, man. Had no idea she was taken." Hale apologized while quickly handing me my rifle.

My eyes widened slightly as he slit the old man's throat before shoving him to the ground. I quickly raised my rifle and aimed it at Hale while my body shook from fear.

"Hey!" Hale yelled while lunging forward in which Negan quickly responded to Hale receiving a bullet hole to his chest, causing him to hit the ground.

I slowly lowered my rifle and watched as Negan charged for Hale before taking the blade of his knife and begin to mutilate him.

I looked away, not being able to take what I was seeing even though that's what I wanted to do when he was on top of me.

I squeezed my eyes shut as Hale's screams filled my ears followed by pleas for Negan to stop.

"Suck yourself, you shit dick." Negan spat.

I turned away, feeling extremely sick as I thought about what could have happened to me.

"The fuck are you doing out here?" Negan asked as his voice approached me from behind.

"Fuck you!" I cursed while turning to face him.

"What?" He asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Fuck you!" I yelled again while looking into his eyes with hatred.

"What?" He asked again while I stumbled back into the truck.

"You left!" I declared while steadying myself.

"You left without talking to me. You left without saying goodbye." I stated as he grabbed ahold of my arm to steady me.

"Why would you do that to me?" I asked while pulling myself from his arms.

I shook my head at his silence and laughed dryly while wiping my cheeks with the sleeves of my flannel.

"Go." I ordered while feeling something slowly drip down the side of my face. I brought my fingers to my sore temple before pulling my hand away to find blood on my fingers.

"What?" He asked while stepping forward.

"Go! Leave. Go waste your damn time. Go have the time of your life finding absolutely nothing more than what is here." I ordered while picking my backpack up from the ground.

"Jess!" He called as I began walking down the highway as I did before I got attacked.

"Fuck you!" I yelled while flipping him off.