Chapter 12

pictured above: Carol, Tyreese, and Judith

-

I looked up at the night sky before continuing to tread through the woods. I quickly crouched down, finding a man and woman with a small baby outside of the small cabin.

Quietly, I walked through the brush and once closer, I found the woman to be Carol.

"Carol?" I called out, walking out of the wooded area.

"Jessica?" She asked.

I studied the man beside her, remembering him from the Prison.

"Judith?" I gasped, watching the baby girl in the man's arms.

"Are you alone?" Carol inquired.

"Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl are at Terminus. I chose not to go. I don't trust it. I'm supposed to meet Rick in the morning at daylight, if he's not there somethings up." I explained.

"Come inside." The man ordered us before entering the cabin.

"I remember you." The man stated.

"You do?" I questioned.

"I'm Tyreese. We never officially met." He replied, holding his hand out to me.

"Jessica," I replied, shaking his hand.

"Why don't you trust Terminus?" Carol questioned.

"If something is too good to be true— then it is. I just have a terrible feeling about that place. Something isn't right about it." I answered.

"I had that same feeling." Tyreese replied.

"Rick will be so happy to know she's alive." I muttered, moving Judith's hair back out of her eyes.

"I'll take first watch. You ladies get some rest." Tyreese ordered.

"I'll rest when I'm dead, Tyreese." Carol replied, sitting down on the chair.

-

I glanced down at my watch, finding that it was way past eight and it had been fully daylight for an hour now.

Sighing, I turned back and began making my way to the cabin.

"I'm going to Terminus. Something isn't right." I announced as I returned to the cabin.

"Not by yourself, you're not." Carol replied, picking up a black duffel bag.

I followed her out of the cabin and stopped as she killed a walker.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching as she handed me a poncho.

"Put this on." She ordered, pulling a poncho over her head.

"Walkers are all over there. We need this to blend in with them." She stated, opening up the abdominal cavity on the walker.

"I'm going to puke." I mumbled, watching as she dunked her hands into the cavity and began wiping her hands on the poncho.

"It works." She replied.

I slowly dropped to my knees beside her and began smearing blood onto my poncho.

"And your face." She ordered, wiping her forehead and cheeks with blood.

"Absolutely not." I replied, refusing.

"Fine, but I won't slow down to help you when a walker is tearing into your body." She replied.

"Fine." I muttered, smearing the remaining blood onto my face.