Chapter 5

TW: sexual assault

-

I scouted the baby aisle of the run-down store, searching for the formula Rick's baby Judith needs.

"A- ha!" I chirped, my eyes landing on a whole stash of baby formula.

Sweet.

I quickly swept the shelf and put the cans of formula into the empty box by the shelf.

"Any luck?" Glenn inquired, approaching me from the front.

"Oh, plenty of luck." I replied, picking up the box.

"Nice! Is that everything on the list?" Glenn asked.

"That's it." I answered, following him to the front of the store.

"Get down!" Glenn ordered, quickly lowering us both to the floor.

"What?" I hissed.

"He's from Woodbury, I remember him." He whispered, pointing outside where Isaac, one of Woodbury's guards, was standing by our truck.

"His name is Isaac. He's a guard." I whispered back.

"Did he see us? What is he doing?" Glenn inquired.

"He's waiting by our truck for a reason." I muttered.

"Wonder if anyone else is with him?" Glenn replied.

"It's likely." I mumbled.

"Highly likely." I froze, feeling the familiar, cold metal push against my temple.

I watched as Glenn slowly turned around as he realized who was behind me.

"Get off of her, Martinez."

I squeezed my eyes closed, realizing Brian is also here. Great. Yay me.

"Jessica. I need to talk to you." Brian, the Governor, stated as I turned around to face him.

"Have you been stalking us?" I asked, raising my voice.

"We just happened to be in the same place at the right time." Brian replied.

"Bull." I snapped.

"Your little prison friends wreaked havoc on our town." Brian snapped.

"Yeah." Martinez chimed in.

"Send Rick to Woodbury tomorrow at noon. It's in his best interest he shows up." Brian stated, his eyes scanning over my face.

"Okay." I muttered, his gaze causing fear to build up inside of me.

"But before I let you go, there's something of yours I want." He sneered, stepping forward and wrapping his hand around my wrist.

"What?" I asked.

"Hey!" Glenn snapped as Brian began dragging me behind him. I turned my head, watching as Martinez took him to the front of the store.

"It's okay!" I replied.

"Save it." Martinez spat back.

"Brian!" I hissed, his hand tightening around my wrist as he pulled me into the storage room.

"No!" I yelled, watching as he tossed my holster onto the floor near the door.

"We've done this before, remember?" Brian muttered, pushing me against the cold wall.

"No, please." I whispered, pleading with my eyes as his hands moved to the button on my jeans.

"You should be ashamed.. treating me like you have and expecting me to listen to what you want? You lied to me." He snapped, putting one hand around my throat.