Chapter 110

- tw: graphic descriptions ahead -

"Oh, shit." Tara cursed as we approached the empty truck.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

"Oh, God. Carol!" Tara yelled while running to the other side of the truck. I quickly followed, finding Carol laying on the ground with blood pooling around her.

"Duncan and Kayla— and Charlene." Carol choked while Tara dropped to her knees beside her and pressed her hands to her bleeding, abdominal wound.

"They took Carl and Magnolia?" I asked.

Carol immediately nodded her head and looked to me with guilt.

"Tara, get her to the hospital back at White Oak." I ordered Tara as Negan lifted Carol off of the ground.

"On it." Tara replied while jumping in the driver seat.

"I tried to stop them." Carol choked while locking her eyes to mine.

"I know. Thank you." I replied while squeezing her hand.

"Rick, they're on their way. They have Carl and Magnolia. I'm coming." I told Rick as I held the button down on the walkie.

"We reached through to Hilltop. We got more help coming." Rick replied.

I quickly got into the car with Negan before flooring the gas pedal to get to the meetup spot. I took quick, deep breaths to try and regulate my racing heart while thinking about the safety of my baby.

My baby. They have my baby.
They have all of my babies.

"This is some shit." Negan muttered from the passenger seat.

I took a sharp, right turn onto highway fifty-four before pushing the gas pedal back down to accelerate again.

"I swear to God, if they've hurt my baby—" I mumbled while gripping the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white.

I inhaled a sharp breath as a strong cramp waved through my body, reminding me of the loss I was experiencing during all of this.

"You good?" Negan asked.

"Yeah." I breathed while trying to focus on the road instead of my pain.

"We got the Easton fuckers contained. We're setting up a block now." Daryl informed me through the walkie.

"Is that them?" Negan asked while pointing to a suburban a ways down the road.

"That's them. White Oak's symbol on the back." Negan stated.

"They're coming. Black suburban." I informed Daryl while driving with one hand.

"10-4." Daryl replied. I set the walkie in the cup holder before gripping the wheel with both hands while speeding down the highway.

The suburban began to slow down as they reached the meetup spot before coming to a complete stop. I slowed the car and slammed the brakes to prevent from rear-ending them. I jumped out of the car and greeted the driver side of the suburban with my rifle.

"I see you've caught on!" Duncan yelled through the window.

"Get out of the car!" I yelled while coming face to face with him through the window.

"You shoot, the baby dies!" Kayla yelled while placing her hands on Magnolia's head. I watched through the window as Magnolia wailed out, causing my heart to shatter into a million pieces while rage pumped through my veins.

"Stop!" Rick yelled while approaching us.

"Is this what you want?" He asked while holding up a bag of syringes.