Chapter 112

-

"Morning." Maggie greeted me as I scooped Magnolia off of the floor.

"Morning." I mumbled while placing Magnolia on my hip.

"Negan stayed with you?" She questioned.

"He sat in my room." I answered while looking to her questioning eyes.

"Sat?" Glenn inquired.

"In a chair. All night. I told him to go home, but he wouldn't." I answered while glancing to him while he was giving me a side eye.

"Nothing happened, I swear." I stated while looking to Maggie.

"That's nice." Maggie mumbled.

"That's not nice. Rick will lose his shit. I would." Glenn muttered while looking away from me.

"He was being a friend. Nothing more." I replied while narrowing my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Maggie inquired.

"Fine." I answered while switching Magnolia to my other hip.

I walked out of the house and found Olen leaving the barn with a wheelbarrow.

"Hey! When did you get back?" He asked as he approached the house.

"Yesterday." I answered while I closed the front door behind me.

"It's good to see you. How are you?" He inquired while looking to my eyes.

"Good. You?" I asked, feeling awkward with our conversation.

"Good." He answered.

I forced a smile and glanced to Magnolia who was pulling at my shirt.

"You gonna stick around or are you heading back to White Oak?" He questioned.

"I'll be here." I answered while switching Magnolia hips again.

"This place is different without you." He replied while giving me a small smile.

"Is it?" I asked.

"Yep. I don't like it." He answered while smiling.

I laughed awkwardly, trying to figure out what I was supposed to say to that.

"I'll talk at ya later." He replied while walking up toward the cabins.

I sighed and looked to Magnolia who was staring at me with her pretty blue eyes.

"Men." I sighed while briefly placing my forehead against hers.

"Hey, Rick just came through. Said Carol is having to stay another night, something about her incision is showing signs of infection. He said he'll be here tomorrow unless you need him today." Maggie informed me as she stepped out on the porch.

"I don't." I replied. She nodded her head before closing the door behind her.

"You sure you're feeling okay?" She inquired.