Chapter 32

TW: sexual assault, violence, sexual coercion

-

"This is a great idea. Thank you." Deanna told me as she read over the emergency plan for if we ever have a breach.

"You should thank Glenn, he's the one who came up with it. I think we should have a meeting tomorrow to begin implementing this into Alexandria's preparedness plan immediately. These walls are strong, but if we ever have an enemy— the walls will be the first to go." I explained.

"Absolutely. If you see Glenn, send him in here tomorrow morning." She ordered, sitting down behind her desk.

"Oh, hey." Spencer greeted, stepping into Deanna's office.

"Hi." I muttered, looking away from him.

"Spencer, grab Jessica a drink." Deanna ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." Spencer mumbled, leaving the office as quick as he came in.

"I suspect the date didn't go well last night." Deanna stated, giving me a small smile.

"You could say that." I muttered, nodding my head.

"I also suspect that there is someone else involved.. Rick Grimes by chance?" She inquired.

"No one is involved in anything. In fact, there is nothing to be involved in." I stated, finding her questions to be annoying.

"Well, I may be a little bias, but Spencer is a great guy. When he loves, he loves hard and deeply. He can also come across strong, but that's only because when he wants something, or someone, he pursues it with his entire heart. That's one of the things I love about him. His love for others and his determination." She rambled on as she picked up a pen and began checking off a list.

"Last night was more of my fault. He pressured me with something that I've been trying to ignore and I ended up pushing him away." I replied.

"And another thing," She started, laying her pen down as she looked over at me. "He's forgiving. If you think you blew your chance with him, you'd didn't." She stated.

I forced a small smile and nodded my head, wishing she would drop the issue.

"Here you go." Spencer muttered, entering the office with a glass of water.

"Thanks." I replied, taking the glass from him.

"Well, I've got to head over to the infirmary to visit with Mrs. Jenkins before she kills over." Deanna declared, standing up and pulling her coat on.

"Have fun with that." Spencer ordered.

"I won't. See you two." Deanna replied, leaving the office.

"Look, I want to apologize for last night." I stated after taking a drink of water.

"I forgive you and I understand. I should've took your word instead of assuming things and pressuring you." He replied.

"Guess we both screwed up." I joked.

"How are you spending the rest of your evening?" Spencer asked me.

"I was going to go home, shower, eat dinner, and read a book in bed." I answered.

"Sounds better than what I was going to ask you." He replied, smiling.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I replied, handing him the almost-empty glass.

"Come over for dinner. No date, no expectations." He ordered.

"I don't know.." I muttered.

"Come on, it'll be fun. We can eat dinner and play board games or something." He replied.