Chapter 93

-

JESSICA's POV

-

I sat down at the kitchen table beside Judith as Carol carried the bowl of scrambled eggs over before setting it down beside the sausage.

"Morning!" Carol chirped while sitting down beside me.

"Morning." I replied as I spooned some eggs into Judith's plate.

"Sleep good?" She inquired while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I replied as I placed a piece of sausage into Judith's plate.

"Good." She replied, giving me a smile.

I forced a small smile and spooned some eggs into my plate before passing the bowl to Carol.

"Morning!" Maggie greeted as she entered the kitchen.

"Morning!" Judith greeted with a big grin.

I glanced up as Rick and Glenn entered the kitchen together before looking down at my plate. I picked up my fork and forced a bite of eggs into my mouth.

My stomach churned at the taste and I quickly swallowed it. If I didn't eat, Magnolia wouldn't have any milk and then she wouldn't eat.

I picked up a piece of sausage and took a bite before chasing it down with water.

"Morning." Rick greeted Judith before sitting down across from me.

Wonderful.

"Morning!" Judith replied.

"Sleep good?" Rick asked her.

"Yep!" She replied.

I poked around at the eggs in my plate before picking up another bite with my fork.

"We should be able to make some butter today." Maggie told Carol.

Magnolia began wailing from beside Judith in her high chair and I quickly pushed my chair out to get to her. I grabbed the bottle of breastmilk I had ready before picking Magnolia up and sitting back down in my chair.

I placed the nipple into Magnolia's mouth after cradling her in my arm. I glanced up, finding Rick's eyes on mine before flickering to Magnolia.

"Morning." Carl greeted as he sat down beside his dad.

"Morning." I replied.

"Here, I want to feed baby girl. I need some practice." Maggie joked from behind me.

"You literally bottle fed Hershel a year ago." I replied as she pulled Magnolia from my arms.

"Yes, a year ago." She replied, smiling as she sat down with Magnolia.

I looked down at my plate, finding what was left to appear impossible to eat.

"I can fry some bacon if you want." Carol told me as her elbow nudged my ribs.

"Oh, no. This is good." I replied, forcing myself to take another bite of the sausage.

-

"We need to talk." Negan stated as he entered the barn.

"No we do not." I replied as I picked up the bucket of corn.

"What did Rick tell you?" He asked as he followed me outside.

"He didn't tell me anything." I answered.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He inquired.

"I prefer not to be around lying man-whores." I spat.