Chapter 134

-

"Robert's trial begins tomorrow." Rick informed me while lingering by the doorway.

"What time?" I inquired.

"Ten. I figured you'd want to be there." He replied.

"Yeah. I do. Any word on Dawn?" I questioned while looking to his eyes.

"She's fine, bud you banged her up pretty good." He replied while smirking.

"Yeah, well, she had it coming to her." I replied while shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah. You're lucky you can use self defense as an excuse for doing what you did or else you'd be neighbors with Robert right now." He replied while studying my eyes.

"Yeah, lucky me." I scoffed while rolling my eyes.

"Some things never change." He muttered while his eyes glanced to my lips for a brief second.

"What do you mean?" I questioned while finding myself getting lost in his eyes.

"Your temper." He replied while grinning.

"Yeah, guess not." I replied while laughing.

"That's alright though." He replied while staring down at me. I looked away from him to prevent from throwing myself at him.

After a few seconds of staring at each other in silence, I knew he wanted me too. No matter how much I wanted to kiss him, I couldn't disrespect and hurt Mariah.

I looked to his eyes, finding myself getting lost in them while he stepped closer and placed a hand on the back of my neck.

"Rick," I mumbled while fighting to remove my gaze from his eyes.

Within a second, he took his left hand and looped his fingers in the loops on my jeans before pulling me against him. I gripped his shirt, trying to find the words to tell him to stop but I couldn't. He crashed his lips onto mine, causing my chest to ache and my stomach to flop from the pressure inside.

The kiss was strong, deep, emotional, and full of passion. The more his lips moved against mine the more I wanted him to lay me down.

I can't stop. I know I need to. I know what is happening isn't right.

But I can't.

"You know what you do to me." He muttered breathlessly after pulling away.

"Do you realize what you just fucking did?" I asked while pushing him away.

"I know exactly what I did." He answered while gazing into my eyes with zero guilt or remorse.

"Leave." I ordered, forcing myself to stand my ground.

"Don't act like you didn't want that. Don't act like you didn't want me to take you in there, lay you down, and apologize for every wrong I've wronged you while I make love to you." He replied while stepping forward, catching me by surprise.

"Leave." I demanded as my back hit the wall.

"You're never off of my mind, Jessica. Never. Fuck. I can't even go to sleep without you on my mind, I can't wake up without you on my mind, and I can't even look into the eyes of another woman without thinking about you." He hissed while cornering me against the wall.

I swallowed the lump in my throat while I looked up into his eyes, wondering what brought all of this out so randomly.

His eyes studied mine before flashing to my lips and I quickly brought my hands to his chest to stop him.