Chapter 115

-

"You'll feel a little sting." My night nurse, Francis, told me while inserting a needle into my arm. I sighed and watched as blood left my arm and collected inside of a tube.

"How long have you been here?" I inquired.

"Two years." She answered while removing a tube and replacing it with an empty one to collect more.

"How many people are here like me?" I questioned.

"Four women, six men, two children. Currently." She replied, causing my heart to stop.

"Two children?" I asked while looking to her blue eyes.

"I'm not allowed to discuss." She answered while releasing the last tube.

"You just did." I replied, trying not to sound angry and ruin our forming acquaintanceship.

"Alright, that's it for now. Jeremy will be in with breakfast then we will take you down to lab." She stated while collecting her supplies.

"Do you have kids?" I inquired.

"Two sons." She answered.

"Then from one mother to another, can you please tell me if my daughter is here?" I begged while looking into her eyes.

"I just want to know. It's killing me." I sighed.

"There are no children here with your last name. That's all I can tell you. You were alone when you were brought here." She answered, seeming genuine.

"Thank you." I sighed while feeling tears pool in my eyes from fear that my baby could be here with strangers harming her.

"You're welcome." She replied while leaving my room.

I sighed and relaxed onto the bed while thinking about my baby girl, hoping she was in loving arms instead of Olen or anyone else that would do her harm.

I looked to the door, watching it swing open to reveal Jeremy with a tray and nursing supplies.

"Good morning." He greeted while approaching my bed.

"Morning." I replied while shooting him a smile.

"Sleep well?" He questioned, seeming more comfortable with me than before.

"I did." I replied with a smile while forcing myself to step into my acting again.

"I'll release you so you can use the bathroom then you can have breakfast." He informed me while unlocking the restraint around my left wrist.

"Okay." I mumbled while he moved to my ankles.

"Okay." He sighed while I pulled the sheet off of me.

I slowly stood up from the bed and stretched before walking to the attached bathroom. I quickly thought over my options to escape, but figured I should play it safe for now to build trust between us.

"You're very easy to deal with. Everyone else here is difficult." He told me while following me to the bathroom.

"Well, I just figure if I'm helping finding a cure then I'm doing something  positive to contribute to the world. There's no need to fight it." I stated while closing the door to separate us.

"Right?" He replied as I pulled my jeans and panties down to sit on the toilet.

I quickly finished my business and washed my hands before eyeing the toiletries on the sink. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth before drying my mouth on the hand towel. I quietly opened the single cabinet and looked inside for anything I could use for a weapon.